Thread poster: Kerstin Mädler
Kerstin Mädler
Kerstin Mädler  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:13
German to Italian
+ ...
May 14, 2013

Got the following email today. Don´t return the "permission" to them or send your CV! If you do so, they can contact potential customers in your name and heaven knows what other things they do with your information.... There are other posts in the web that state that they are not serious. Just put the name of the company in google...

Be careful,
Kerstin

Dear translator,

Hope you are enjoying a good health.

I am M. Z. , a project manager
... See more
Got the following email today. Don´t return the "permission" to them or send your CV! If you do so, they can contact potential customers in your name and heaven knows what other things they do with your information.... There are other posts in the web that state that they are not serious. Just put the name of the company in google...

Be careful,
Kerstin

Dear translator,

Hope you are enjoying a good health.

I am M. Z. , a project manager in LanguageMet company.
We have huge number of projects monthly.
We have a different policy at our company, that we market CVs and
Cover letters of the translators for (huge database) our clients and translation
companies websites around the world then we have too many projects
that we must directly forward it to you and you have the right to do
these projects because it comes on behalf of your CV and cooperation,
that's if you are joining our team.
If you are interested to join our team, Please sign the agreement
which is attached and then send your CV and cover letter .

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask me about.

Waiting for your prompt reply.

Kind Regards,
Murad

With the following attachment:

Authorization and Agreement

Can you give us permission, authorization and agreement in order for us to send your CV to our clients?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which will be put inside your CV in order to receive projects and therefore we will reply on your behalf.

We can also email your certificates if needed to clients on your behalf. We will give you the projects and in cases when you are not available, we will give the projects to other translators.

If you agree, you will be considered as a close team member and consequently you will be eligible for any developmental plan. This is part of group work based on mutual cooperation because the translation market is full of competition.

Please let me know so that we start work. If you agree, sign this authorization and agreement document.
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Existing thread May 14, 2013

There is already a very full thread on this 'Languagemet' scam, you may well want to check it out, and maybe move your post there?

Chiara Sodi
Chiara Sodi
Italy
English to Italian
BB entry May 14, 2013

Didn't there use to be a BB entry for this "agency"?

Kerstin Mädler
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
BB? May 14, 2013

OMG, I don´t know how to move my post, and I don´t know what a BB entry is ...

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
BB May 14, 2013

Yes, and here it still is:

http://www.proz.com/blueboard/9086

BB = blueboard

OP, if you don't know how to move it (and I don't either!), then you could always ask a moderator to do it for you, or submit a support request to get site staff to do it.

(OP = original poster, i.e. that's YOU, Kerstin!) ...
See more
Yes, and here it still is:

http://www.proz.com/blueboard/9086

BB = blueboard

OP, if you don't know how to move it (and I don't either!), then you could always ask a moderator to do it for you, or submit a support request to get site staff to do it.

(OP = original poster, i.e. that's YOU, Kerstin!)

[Edited at 2013-05-14 15:32 GMT]
Collapse

Kerstin Mädler
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
BB :-) May 14, 2013

Thank you, Tony!

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
BB May 15, 2013

kiara kiaora wrote:

Didn't there use to be a BB entry for this "agency"?

There still is. And the "5's" keep on coming.

Translation Secrets keeps sending me requests to "market" my CV, and I keep hitting "delete", except for the very first time they sent me such a request. I explicitely told them that I don't permit their use of my CV for whatever reason, and that there will be legal action taken in case they don't "heed" my advice.

[Edited at 2013-05-15 11:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

scam email

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »