Luminita Duta
Luminita Duta  Identity Verified
Roemenië
Local time: 19:04
Frans naar Engels
+ ...
Happy Translators Day! Sep 30, 2005

....to all translators on this site!

Translator's job is not easy...we know....but we love to do it!

So...go on! And good luck to everyone!

And thanks to you Henry and to your team we can share knowledge, ideeas, impressions, friendship!

La Multi Ani!....from Romania

Lumi

Dina Abdo
Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestina
Lid 2005
Arabisch
+ ...
Happy International Translators Day! Sep 30, 2005

Thanks Henry, and thank you ProZ.com for giving us the chance to celebrate in this day

Hmmm ... I was about to stop writing here, but I found some interesting information I'd love to share with all of you about OUR International Translators Day (I just LOVE how the word "OUR" sounds in this context ... don't you)

Ok ... here it is... See more
Thanks Henry, and thank you ProZ.com for giving us the chance to celebrate in this day

Hmmm ... I was about to stop writing here, but I found some interesting information I'd love to share with all of you about OUR International Translators Day (I just LOVE how the word "OUR" sounds in this context ... don't you)

Ok ... here it is
St Jerome, the bible translator, has always been considered to be the patron saint of translators and interpreters throughout the world. For a long time, the days and weeks (and sometimes months) around 30 September have therefore been used by translators and interpreters (and their associations) to celebrate the occasion. Ever since FIT (International Federation of Translators) was established in 1953, St Jerome's Day celebrations have been encouraged and promoted by the FIT Council and Executive Committee in an ad hoc fashion. It was not until 1991 that the Public Relations Committee of FIT launched the idea of an International Translation Day.
[…]
Well, you can view the whole paper in the link below … it's too long to be pasted here in full
http://www.translators.org.za/indexes/english/jerome/jerome-history.html
Collapse

A/C Raynsa Galvao (X)
A/C Raynsa Galvao (X)
Engels naar Portugees
+ ...
A Nice Place to Discuss Sep 30, 2005

I like PROZ.It's a very good workplace where you meet and discuss with the colleagues.All PROZ members have got a high level of education and are very polite as well.To my mind,PROZ is an amazing place to enjoy myself while I'm working...

Raynsa

frentur
frentur
Turkije
Engels naar Turks
+ ...
translators' dedication Sep 30, 2005

"We are not just translators here," says the other. "We are trying to bring these two peoples together."

Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentinië
Local time: 13:04
Lid 2003
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Thank you, Henry! Sep 30, 2005

For this site, for its great staff, for everything! There's no place like Proz.

HugZ to all my colleagues on OUR day.

Happy translating!

Andrea

alexxela789
alexxela789
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Happy I. Translators Day to everybody! Sep 30, 2005

Even though I'm not a legal or professional translator yet (I'm studying for my diploma), I'm can really feel the brilliance of this special day! Well, I wish all the ProZ.com team and all ProZ.com members a very happy translators day! ^o^

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
Verenigde Staten
Local time: 11:04
Lid 2001
Engels naar Russisch
+ ...
Ohm, Oh Henry! Sep 30, 2005

Thank you Henry, The Founder!
Do you realize that you have created ProZ in the last century?

I praise your vision which helped us to have fun, represent ourselves professionally and communicate!
Will raise my glass of red wine for ProZ and its Team and Founder - wish you new ideas and visions))

Bud'mo! Cheers! Na zdorovie! Voter sante!

Vladimir
On this occasion, we would lik
... See more
Thank you Henry, The Founder!
Do you realize that you have created ProZ in the last century?

I praise your vision which helped us to have fun, represent ourselves professionally and communicate!
Will raise my glass of red wine for ProZ and its Team and Founder - wish you new ideas and visions))

Bud'mo! Cheers! Na zdorovie! Voter sante!

Vladimir
On this occasion, we would like to congratulate and thank you for your services as translators and for your contributions and support of the site--and industry--as ProZ.com members. From KudoZ to the Blue Board, at powwows and conferences, whether sharing daytime tips or offering late-night assistance, you have ushered in a new era of collaboration--and strength--for translators. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to dedicate ProZ.com to serving you.
Collapse

Nora Escoms
Nora Escoms  Identity Verified
Argentinië
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Happy Day to all of us! Sep 30, 2005

And a big THANK YOU to this great community and to all those who keep it going.

Hugs,

Nora

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Happy Day for you too, Henry! Sep 30, 2005

And as Giles wisely said.. thank you, Henry, not only for having created Proz.com, but also for giving us the possibility to share dreams with other people,to collaborate on projects, the possibility of that invaluable assistance when we need to find the "proper" word. My life has become different since Proz.com has taken part of it.

Congrats!

Cheers!

Inés

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Duitsland
Local time: 18:04
Lid
Engels naar Turks
+ ...
Congratulations Sep 30, 2005

to all my colleagues, and thanks a million for being there!

Mariel Alvarado
Mariel Alvarado
Guatemala
Local time: 10:04
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Thank you and than congratulations to you too Sep 30, 2005

Thank you Henry for your recognition and for creating this site. You have given us a place to get to know each other and to find friends and colleagues working with the same vision of service.

Cheers everyone!

Eva T
Eva T
Engels naar Albanees
+ ...
Happy Day Sep 30, 2005

Happy Translator Day. And thank you for creating ProZ.com, the best place for translators and interpreters. Thank you to Henry and all the members who are willing to help anyone in need.

el mismo (X)
el mismo (X)

Congratulations to everyone! Sep 30, 2005

And thanks so much Henry and family for making so many good things happen.

We all are strengthening the T&I community worldwide.

I wish you were here sharing a good glass of Chilean wine with me.

Cheers!

Amal Al-Arfaj
Amal Al-Arfaj
Saudi-Arabië
Lid 2005
Engels naar Arabisch
+ ...
Thank you Sep 30, 2005

Thank you Henry and all the ProZ.com staff.

Happy International Translators Day to everybody!!
Hope it is a luck day to you all as it is to me

Isabel Hohneck
Isabel Hohneck
Duitsland
Local time: 18:04
Engels
+ ...
Thank you, Henry and the ProZ-Team! Oct 1, 2005

Giles Bickford wrote:

Thanks you, Henry, for creating Proz.com and thereby givng us the tools for "sharing daytime tips or offering late-night assistance", for ushering "a new era of collaboration--and strength--for translators." Our working lives have become easier and even more sociable thanks to Proz.com and sites like it

[Edited at 2005-09-30 11:21]

Giles, you take the words right out of my mouth!

A big thank you to Henry and the entire ProZ-Team for doing such an outstanding job!

Pagina's in het onderwerp:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Happy International Translators Day!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »