Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Can't we do anything about people not closing questions?
Thread poster: Inga Jakobi
Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:22
English to French
+ ...
No possibility of asking questions if not logged in Apr 24, 2007

I think that requiring people to be logged in when asking questions would fix most of the problems caused by occasional users. We could have a profile format for people who are not LSPs or outsourcers/agencies/companies that wuld not even have a profile pae but would simply be an account with a logon and some preerences. Then, the KudoZ answer form should not display to those not logged in and instead, a page saying "Sorry, you need to log in in order to be able to post questions".

... See more
I think that requiring people to be logged in when asking questions would fix most of the problems caused by occasional users. We could have a profile format for people who are not LSPs or outsourcers/agencies/companies that wuld not even have a profile pae but would simply be an account with a logon and some preerences. Then, the KudoZ answer form should not display to those not logged in and instead, a page saying "Sorry, you need to log in in order to be able to post questions".

This would also eliminate a lot of the crap outsiders pollute the site with (thinking they will never have to deal with it as they don't use the site regularly, and what is the problem with leaving a teeny-tiny question up there when there are millions anyways?). I find it slightly unfair to get e-mails asking me to close my question and that people who were not logged in never get any messages inviting them to act straight.

If newspapers require people to log in to read their articles, then ProZ sure can require people to log in for us to give them some of our time and make an effort to help them.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't we do anything about people not closing questions?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »