Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever forgotten to send an invoice to a client?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Jana Kinská
Jana Kinská  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:46
English to Czech
+ ...
No... Feb 9, 2011

... but some time ago, I created a "To be invoiced" folder where I copy the POs or other documents so that I do not forget in the meantime, and prepare all the invoices later on. In busy times it would be very easy to forget about all those tiny little projects waiting for their invoice...

I do not hope my clients would remind me to issue invoices, it would be a nice experiment, though... I do not plan carrying out.... See more
... but some time ago, I created a "To be invoiced" folder where I copy the POs or other documents so that I do not forget in the meantime, and prepare all the invoices later on. In busy times it would be very easy to forget about all those tiny little projects waiting for their invoice...

I do not hope my clients would remind me to issue invoices, it would be a nice experiment, though... I do not plan carrying out.

[Edited at 2011-02-09 11:38 GMT]
Collapse

Pia Maljanen
Pia Maljanen  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:46
Finnish to English
+ ...
Yes Feb 9, 2011

...this has happened a couple of times with smaller jobs. Thankfully my clients have reminded me once the quarter/year has approached its end.

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
No, but... Feb 9, 2011

I always send the invoice with the file and I usually attach the invoice before I attach the translated file, so I do not forget. However, one time I sent the client two copies of the invoice and no file. Another agency once forwarded my e-mail (translation and invoice) to the end client and then wanted me to give them a discount because the end client saw the invoice...

C. Mouton
C. Mouton  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to French
yes, two or three times Feb 9, 2011

Sophie Dzhygir wrote:

I don't forget to write the invoice, but it happened a couple of times that, after all the process of making up the invoice, saving it, reporting figures in different places, etc. I finally forgot to send the invoice to the customer.

[Modifié le 2011-02-09 08:57 GMT]

Like Sophie, I did prepare the whole thing, print it... but forgot to email it.

Luckily, I have very nice clients who wrote to remind me that I hadn't invoiced my work.

Sophie Dzhygir
Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Trick Feb 9, 2011

C. Mouton wrote:

Sophie Dzhygir wrote:

I don't forget to write the invoice, but it happened a couple of times that, after all the process of making up the invoice, saving it, reporting figures in different places, etc. I finally forgot to send the invoice to the customer.

Like Sophie, I did prepare the whole thing, print it... but forgot to email it.

Luckily, I have very nice clients who wrote to remind me that I hadn't invoiced my work.
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!
It was a bit embarrassing once, because I claimed payment (but not aggressively, just like "I think you forgot to pay my invoice?") and the customer said they had received no invoice and that's when I checked and found that I had indeed not sent anything. Another 1 or 2 times, the customer reminded me about the invoice.
I did have this problem lately because I introduced a new check: I usually make one invoice, send it and go ahead with the next invoice, but now at the end of the invoicing row I check how many invoices I have made and how many e-mails I have sent and they must match ^^

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:46
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
That makes a difference among clients Feb 10, 2011

Thare are some clients that good that remind you of invoices missing. You all know the other end, to whom you have to send them invoice reminders or even resend invoices.

I used to have a client so concerned about payment issues that their invoicing policy included the automatic generation of invoices for you if you failed to meet a deadline. Some of you should know this client. (Or maybe some other that extraordinary?)

Regards,

Elías

Jason Ma
Jason Ma  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:46
English to Chinese
+ ...
It also happened to me Feb 10, 2011

Sophie Dzhygir wrote:

Sophie, I have a trick to share: while sending the invoice to the client, send the same one to an additional address, your email address. So you can always make sure the online status of the invoice.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever forgotten to send an invoice to a client?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »