Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:26
English to French
+ ...
In memoriam
Apr 28, 2012

Hi,

On 04-27-12, European Medicines Agency publishes new versions of controlled vocabularies used to comply with Article 57 (2) requirements on submission of information on medicines
... See more
Hi,

On 04-27-12, European Medicines Agency publishes new versions of controlled vocabularies used to comply with Article 57 (2) requirements on submission of information on medicines

See : http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index.jsp?curl=pages/news_and_events/news/2012/04/news_detail_001501.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac058004d5c1&jsenabled=true

Enjoy your weekend

Catherine

[Edited at 2012-04-28 19:17 GMT]
Collapse

Sibylle de Schmidt
Sibylle de Schmidt  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
This forum is important Apr 28, 2012

Thank you, much appreciated

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
units of measurement Apr 29, 2012

Thanks for the heads-up Catherine. I've saved the xls files in my "medical reference" folder.

Out of interest, I see that the units of measurements are all in upper case. Does that really mean that we should be using, say, ML rather than ml or mL and HR rather than hr?

Anna Spanoudaki-Thurm
Anna Spanoudaki-Thurm  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Greek
+ ...
upper case Apr 29, 2012

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up Catherine. I've saved the xls files in my "medical reference" folder.

Out of interest, I see that the units of measurements are all in upper case. Does that really mean that we should be using, say, ML rather than ml or mL and HR rather than hr?

I think they have just used upper case for everything. The terms in the other lists are also in upper case.

It makes me shiver everytime I see the units in upper case: The unit is "ml" or "mL". A "ML" is definitely a Megaliter! Hmmm...

An organisation that is so focused on regulation (for good reason!) should regulate also this very important subject.

Can somebody explain, how we are supposed to implemnet/use/... these controlled vocabulary lists? They exist only in english, right?

[Έγινε επεξεργασία στις 2012-04-29 09:21 GMT]

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
In English only. May 2, 2012

Anna Spanoudaki-Thurm wrote:

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

I think they have just used upper case for everything. The terms in the other lists are also in upper case.

It makes me shiver everytime I see the units in upper case: The unit is "ml" or "mL". A "ML" is definitely a Megaliter! Hmmm...

An organisation that is so focused on regulation (for good reason!) should regulate also this very important subject.

Can somebody explain, how we are supposed to implemnet/use/... these controlled vocabulary lists? They exist only in english, right?

[Έγινε επεξεργασία στις 2012-04-29 09:21 GMT]

Hi Anna and Emma,

I agree with both of you for the uppercases. I think they are only used for coding purposes, not to be used in SPCs, I suppose.

@Emma : Funny, I have the same folder, too

@Anna : Those vocabulary lists are to be used mainly for the marketing authorization application submissions. It's why they are in English only.

From the translator's point of view, they are useful for those of us who translate parts of the MAA dossier into EN. They can also be used as reference material, useful when some of our clients - whatever the language - become too "creative" as far as the pharmaceutical form designations are concerned, for instance

Have a nice evening
Catherine

[Edited at 2012-05-03 14:18 GMT]

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Thanks Catherine! May 3, 2012

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

EMA: New versions of controlled vocabularies

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »