Off topic: How many ways can you spell: telephone system?
Thread poster: juvera
juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:55
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 15, 2005

I stumbled upon this gem, and it opened my eyes to new possibilities of spelling (and lots of other liguistic innovations):
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:gL2zRGs6e0QJ:telephone-systems.88usa.net/pbx-telephone-systems.html%20switchboard%20PBX%20PABX%20CENTREX%20UK&hl=en
... See more
I stumbled upon this gem, and it opened my eyes to new possibilities of spelling (and lots of other liguistic innovations):
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:gL2zRGs6e0QJ:telephone-systems.88usa.net/pbx-telephone-systems.html%20switchboard%20PBX%20PABX%20CENTREX%20UK&hl=en

According to the website:

This site about telephone systems. All what you need to know about telephone systems, plus...
tleefone sistems, terephone systes, trlephone answerng cistems, teephone sustums, telephon systemd, tlephone systes, tlephone systms, systens, tleephone sstems, telephon sysems,teelfone cystems, telephonr sistums,telephon sstems, telephine systums,
talephone cystums, terephone dystems, terefone cystems, telephonr sstems, terephone systums, teelfone systes, teelfone cystums, teelfone sydtems, telehone systums, teelphone cystems, terephone sistems, teelfone sustems, teelphone dystems, telephonr systes, phon systums.

Furthermore:
Telephone is tlephone. Our website sells executone. The best thing about phome. Purchase old includes america.

Equally enlightening contributions are welcome.
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 01:55
English to Czech
+ ...
Link farm Nov 15, 2005

The typos are deliberate - that way they will get more hits from the search engines. The page is part of a link farm promoting a certain dealer.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:55
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Try Aspell in bad-speller mode Nov 15, 2005

juvera wrote:
tleefone sistems, terephone systes, trlephone answerng cistems, teephone sustums, telephon systemd, tlephone systes, tlephone systms...

This is the dark side of SEO (search engine optimisation). You can generate a list like this for your chosen keywords by using the spell-checker Aspell in "bad-speller" mode. Just copy all the spelling suggestions for your keywords.

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:55
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Nov 15, 2005

I was wondering, because it was too bad even for mad MT. But then why bother to make it look like a text, with some more understandable sentences and a whole page of other garble?

I wasn't even looking for 'telephone system', and it would certainly put me off the rest of the sites.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How many ways can you spell: telephone system?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »