Designing Project Management Database
Thread poster: Continental Translations
Continental Translations
Continental Translations
Local time: 13:48
English to Albanian
+ ...
May 3, 2005

As an ex-project manager working independantly, I was shocked to see that there is very little project management software out there for translators, and what little there is, costs in excess of $500.

Now, as small business or even self employed translation agents, it is very rare that once can afford to fork out so much.

Subsequently, I PLAN TO DEVELOP SOME SOFTWARE (POSSIBLY FREE) THAT IS IDEAL FOR THE SMALL, INDEPENDANT COMPANIES.

Basically, I need some
... See more
As an ex-project manager working independantly, I was shocked to see that there is very little project management software out there for translators, and what little there is, costs in excess of $500.

Now, as small business or even self employed translation agents, it is very rare that once can afford to fork out so much.

Subsequently, I PLAN TO DEVELOP SOME SOFTWARE (POSSIBLY FREE) THAT IS IDEAL FOR THE SMALL, INDEPENDANT COMPANIES.

Basically, I need some feedback from you guys though on what you are looking for in a project management system.

So, please answer the following questions with as much details as possible:-

1.) What different parts would you like in the system? Clients, translators, potential clients, enquiries, projects etc.....

2.) What would you like included within each of these categories? Clients = name, contact etc....

3.) How do you want the info to be arranged? What would you like to be able to do? Create monthly reports for income/outcome?

Many, many thanks. Once I have the feedback from you guys, I can make a start on the database and then hopefully, in partnership with this site, allow all to download it for free.
Collapse

Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:48
French to English
+ ...
Very old post but this would be great! Nov 4, 2006

Continental Translations wrote:

Hi!

I know this post is quite old, but I was searching around for advice on a simple PM software. TO3000 has way too many bells and whistles for me, aside from its cost. Did you ever design this little gem?

Please let me know if you are still looking for input on what translators may be needing and wishing for, I'll be happy to respond!

Kind regards,

Patricia

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Designing Project Management Database

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »