I'd like to know if I can state the name of somebody
Thread poster: Jean-Gabriel Piette
Jean-Gabriel Piette
Jean-Gabriel Piette  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Jan 17, 2005

who screwed me. He used to run a translation practice in Canada and is not stated (as far as I know) in the directory.
He wants to come back and asked me to join him... (not a joke... he really thought I'd say fine, get the money and run away once again)

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:25
English to German
+ ...
Not in the forum - please share your experience in the BlueBoard Jan 17, 2005

Hi Gabriel,
Please take a look at the forum rules (which, BTW, you accept by posting - so it's a good idea to know what they say...):

12. No client discussions

Comments regarding at a specific outsourcer, whether positive or negative, are not permitted. (To indicate your likelihood of working again with a given outsourcer, use the ProZ.com Blue Board.)

He used to run a translation practice in Canada and is not stated (as far as I know) in the directory.

I'm not sure what directory you're referring to here.
Given the context, you're probably talking about the BlueBoard. Here's the relevant section of the BB FAQ:

8. How can I make an entry for an outsourcer that is not listed on the Blue Board?

If you would like to make an entry for an outsourcer that is not yet listed on the Blue Board, you may add the details yourself from the "Add Outsourcer" tab.

HTH - best regards, Ralf

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 06:25
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Jean-Gabriel Jan 17, 2005

If this is the agency you told me about at the Montreal pow-wow, then I sincerely hope you add it to the BB.

It may not get you your money, but at least it will be a warning to the other translators he must surely contact, now that you've turned him down.

As for debtors who have the gall to come back to you for more:
in November I received an invitation to a wine-and-cheese reception in Toronto from
... See more
If this is the agency you told me about at the Montreal pow-wow, then I sincerely hope you add it to the BB.

It may not get you your money, but at least it will be a warning to the other translators he must surely contact, now that you've turned him down.

As for debtors who have the gall to come back to you for more:
in November I received an invitation to a wine-and-cheese reception in Toronto from an agency that has owed me $200 for two years.

Another, who has owed me nearly $2000 US since July, approached me (via a different PM, of course) for a job. When I replied: "I'd like to help you, but could you look into this matter for me?" Her reply was exactly this: "Will you do the translation, or not?"

You see all kinds in this business (as in any other).

Nancy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I'd like to know if I can state the name of somebody

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »