Thread poster: Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 30, 2004

I wonder whether there is a system within the circle of translation agencies that blacklists translators.

For example, if a translator has a bad history record, whether there is a blacklisting system that prevents this translator from being hired by other agencies sharing this information?

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:51
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
As far as I know Dec 30, 2004

there is not. At least I have never heard of such, also outside ProZ.
There regularly has been discussions here on ProZ whether such a system is needed, but in every case it has boiled down to nothing.
Please enter *Rating translators* in the search box, check "Forums" and you'll find many of these threads.

Uldis

Jianjun Zhang wrote:

I wonder whether there is a system within the circle of translation agencies that blacklists translators.

For example, if a translator has a bad history record, whether there is a blacklisting system that prevents this translator from being hired by other agencies sharing this information?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blacklisting a translator

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »