The translator doesn't want to turn back the tape needed in Court
Thread poster: CPTrans
Irene N
Irene N
United States
Local time: 01:18
English to Russian
+ ...
As for the bloody 'language firms' and holy translators, it's 50/50:-) Dec 1, 2004

Sergei Grebenkin wrote:

We all know how stingy language firms/bureas are. My advice is to pay the guy and get the tape. Simple!

Sorry, but I honestly think this was totally uncalled for. A member came here for help, not for another frustration or unproved accusations. There are plenty of outsourcers/agencies on Proz. BTW, very decent people. I love my agencies.

CPTrans, I suggest you take it to court - as another colleague suggested, this world is full of psychos.

Good luck!

Adrian MM. (X)
Adrian MM. (X)
Local time: 08:18
French to English
+ ...
Copyright agreement Feb 8, 2005

No one has yet mentioned the copyright in the tape, whether or not the interpreter has claimed such a right.

If there is no copyright agreement, then see a US attorney about who holds the copyright.

In the UK, a court search-&-seize order is needed. No way round the judicial requirement. The US may be different.

[Edited at 2005-02-08 20:05]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The translator doesn't want to turn back the tape needed in Court

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »