zkt
zkt  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 09:57
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 2, 2007

Dear Prozians working with the Arabic language,

Is there to your knowledge any speech recognition software that is suitable for Arabic?

Anyone among you is using a speech recognition software?

I would like to hear your positive and negative experiences.

Thank you

Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
2 software Jul 3, 2007

Hi,

I have been using speech recognition software since 1998. Two brand names are generally known in this domain. IBM Gold (which has been continued for some time now) and Dragon Naturally Speaking. I have used the latter for quite some time, and I can say in all honesty that it does catch on with training. I mean when you use it extensively, it gets accustomed to your voice and performance is thus significantly enhanced. However, as a general rule, I am inclined to think that the s
... See more
Hi,

I have been using speech recognition software since 1998. Two brand names are generally known in this domain. IBM Gold (which has been continued for some time now) and Dragon Naturally Speaking. I have used the latter for quite some time, and I can say in all honesty that it does catch on with training. I mean when you use it extensively, it gets accustomed to your voice and performance is thus significantly enhanced. However, as a general rule, I am inclined to think that the speech recognition technology still has a long way to go. For the time being, it cannot replace the typing skill if you re looking to rely on it in handling large translation projects.

Best,
Noha
Collapse

zkt
zkt  Identity Verified
Lebanon
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
For arabic?? Jul 3, 2007

HEllo Noha,

Finally, this is the second time I post this question.

I wanted to know if you encourage me to invest in Dragon naturally, I've seen so many positive review for English, French and other languages and wanted to know if any translator into arabic uses it.
when you say with time this mean how much few weeks or few months (I know it ay depend on how frequently one uses it, but lets say if
... See more
HEllo Noha,

Finally, this is the second time I post this question.

I wanted to know if you encourage me to invest in Dragon naturally, I've seen so many positive review for English, French and other languages and wanted to know if any translator into arabic uses it.
when you say with time this mean how much few weeks or few months (I know it ay depend on how frequently one uses it, but lets say if you use it daily).

Thank you very much for your response,

Zeina
Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
English to Arabic
+ ...
I hope so Sep 2, 2007

Dear Zeina,

If you tried any Arabic speech recognition software with at least 70% accuracy please tick me. I am concerned too but as long as I know investments in this field are miserable and I know a company working on this 8 years ago with no remarkable results.

Kind regards
Ahmad Wadan

horseless_knigh
horseless_knigh
need software Mar 4, 2013

hi dr noha
i am dr mohamed , from mansoura university... plz send me download links for both softwares

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic Speech Recognition

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »