Poll: Have an AI subscription? Objavljivač niti: ProZ.com Staff
|
| |
While I admit that AI can be useful in many situations, I prefer to do without it myself.
I avoid the AI-generated summary on Google searches and go to a human-generated source.
Wikipedia does not allow AI-generated content, but AI content may originate from there. I want to know, if possible where the information actually comes from.
You never know how much AI has garbled or hallucinated. You may be able to trust it, of course, while humans are prone to mistakes ... See more While I admit that AI can be useful in many situations, I prefer to do without it myself.
I avoid the AI-generated summary on Google searches and go to a human-generated source.
Wikipedia does not allow AI-generated content, but AI content may originate from there. I want to know, if possible where the information actually comes from.
You never know how much AI has garbled or hallucinated. You may be able to trust it, of course, while humans are prone to mistakes and misunderstandings, so AI kan find plenty to pass on. I want to judge for myself, if I can!
From there, I formulate my own opinions - then I really have to work them out and stand by them, instead of adopting a phrase that sounds good, but does it really say what I mean?
AI is not actually more intelligent than a picture of Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein or [insert your own suggestion here]. It is just a collection of algorithms, bits and bytes.
Apart from that, AI uses enormous amounts of scarce resources - power, cooling water and web capacity. I believe it should be used carefully, when it serves a purpose, not thrown at everyone, whether they want it or not. I do not need AI and do not know what to do with it, so I leave it for those who can use it wisely. ▲ Collapse | | | |
Lieven Malaise Belgija Local time: 09:17 Član (2020) francuski na holandski + ...
Have a DeepL subscription. Very useful. Not sure interesting question. Will see. Depend on answers. Got to go now. Work to do. Bye. Later. | | | |
Where is a clear answer "I don't have any" instead of choices which one I have. "Other" can mean "I subscribe to something not listed". | | |
|
|
|
I'm subscribed to DeepL Pro. I used ChatGPT only once out of curiosity and the results made me run away from it as fast as I could... | | | |
Alex Lichanow Nemačka Local time: 09:17 engleski na nemački + ...
Have a full sentence for the title? | | | |
No. And I don't think I'll ever pay for something like that. The cost of living is skyrocketing, and I'd rather spend my hard-earned money on something else. | | | |
Peter Motte Belgija Local time: 09:17 Član (2009) holandski na flamanski + ...
Didn't fill in the poll. My choice isn't there | | |
|
|
|
| The best clarification. | Oct 2 |
Christine Andersen wrote:
While I admit that AI can be useful in many situations, I prefer to do without it myself.
I avoid the AI-generated summary on Google searches and go to a human-generated source.
Wikipedia does not allow AI-generated content, but AI content may originate from there. I want to know, if possible where the information actually comes from.
You never know how much AI has garbled or hallucinated. You may be able to trust it, of course, while humans are prone to mistakes and misunderstandings, so AI kan find plenty to pass on. I want to judge for myself, if I can!
From there, I formulate my own opinions - then I really have to work them out and stand by them, instead of adopting a phrase that sounds good, but does it really say what I mean?
AI is not actually more intelligent than a picture of Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein or [insert your own suggestion here]. It is just a collection of algorithms, bits and bytes.
Apart from that, AI uses enormous amounts of scarce resources - power, cooling water and web capacity. I believe it should be used carefully, when it serves a purpose, not thrown at everyone, whether they want it or not. I do not need AI and do not know what to do with it, so I leave it for those who can use it wisely.
A complete answer and realistic picture. AIs are totally depend on unreliable sources. And language is terrible. | | | |
Angus Stewart Velika Britanija Local time: 08:17 francuski na engleski + ...
I refuse to use AI in my private life after my experience of it prior to quitting the translation profession. I don't feel the need to rely on it when I am perfectly capable of researching a topic and drafting communications using my own competences. My view is that it only serves to benefit people who are particularly lazy or not very competent in the first place by doing the donkey work for them. Also the fact it is so demanding of environmental resources conflicts with my green values. | | | |
Ricardo Aries Indonezija Local time: 14:17 Član (2020) engleski na indonezijski + ... | Claude's Loyal Subscriber | Oct 2 |
I subscribed to Claude Pro. It's not just for term-search assistance. It can handle requests far more complex than simple translation, such as reproducing a raw scanned document from scratch, which helps me produce a finely tuned translation. If you think it's a mistake to use AI in your workflow, then you're missing out a lot. | | | |
I use ChatGPT as a kind of not very bright research assistant when I'm looking for information that is difficult to find using a regular web search - for example, tracking down a series of books I vaguely remember reading as a child. I also use it to help draft official documents in Greek, for submitting applications to various state authorities and so on. Of course, I check everything I get from it carefully before going any further, but ChatGPT can do bureaucratic Greek better than I can - bur... See more I use ChatGPT as a kind of not very bright research assistant when I'm looking for information that is difficult to find using a regular web search - for example, tracking down a series of books I vaguely remember reading as a child. I also use it to help draft official documents in Greek, for submitting applications to various state authorities and so on. Of course, I check everything I get from it carefully before going any further, but ChatGPT can do bureaucratic Greek better than I can - bureaucratic English, too, for that matter.
And sometimes it's just good for brainstorming.
This is just the free version of ChatGPT - I don't pay for a subscription, which is what I assume the poll was supposed to be asking. ▲ Collapse | | |
|
|
|
Zea_Mays Italija Local time: 09:17 engleski na nemački + ...
Ricardo Aries wrote:
reproducing a raw scanned document from scratch
What a great idea! ... | | | |
WolfgangS Francuska Local time: 09:17 engleski na nemački + ...
that most of the answers (no, never...) sound like the times when we all said: nothing will ever replace human translators. | | | |