How do I keep track of progress when there are internal repetitions?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 11:47
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 16, 2018

I am working with a project in XTM now (among the worst CAT tools there are), and thought I had control over daily progress. But now I get signalled in XTM that segments are repetitions (from another file) but nothing gets displayed as repetition because the segment has not actually been translated yet.

First I skimmed through the Excel metrics for the project and counted all new words in each file, and then highlighted this for each file in the Excel to enter date when I completed
... See more
I am working with a project in XTM now (among the worst CAT tools there are), and thought I had control over daily progress. But now I get signalled in XTM that segments are repetitions (from another file) but nothing gets displayed as repetition because the segment has not actually been translated yet.

First I skimmed through the Excel metrics for the project and counted all new words in each file, and then highlighted this for each file in the Excel to enter date when I completed each file's new words so I could see how many new words I completed each day. But now when almost finished I get these repetitions from another file that have not been translated yet. So I feel unsure about how many new words there are left.

These are the headings I have in the customer's metrics Excel:

https://www.screencast.com/t/INPD4mTTMRF

Can anyone explain which of the count rows to highlight to get the number of new words for each file? My highlighting can't be correct, it probably needs one more yellow highlighting for each file to get total number of new words for each file.
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How do I keep track of progress when there are internal repetitions?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »