Wordfast.dot disappeared
Thread poster: Pau2
Pau2
Pau2
Local time: 21:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 10, 2021

I opened Word today, clicked to open Wordfast as usual to use with a document and instead I got a message that Macros could not be found or were disabled. When I looked for the Wordfast template/add-on, it wasn't disabled, but the Wordfast.dot file no longer exists in the folder it should be in, it's disappeared. (In the Startup folder there are 2 wordfast .txts, 1 .cfg and 1 .ini, but no .dot).

Does anyone know where the Wordfast.dot might be, how I can get it back, or whether it h
... See more
I opened Word today, clicked to open Wordfast as usual to use with a document and instead I got a message that Macros could not be found or were disabled. When I looked for the Wordfast template/add-on, it wasn't disabled, but the Wordfast.dot file no longer exists in the folder it should be in, it's disappeared. (In the Startup folder there are 2 wordfast .txts, 1 .cfg and 1 .ini, but no .dot).

Does anyone know where the Wordfast.dot might be, how I can get it back, or whether it has self-destructed or something due to me having an out-of-date of version and needing to purchase and install Wordfast again?

I use Windows, Office 365, Word 2016 and Wordfast Classic versión 6.03t.

Thank you!
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:56
English to French
+ ...
Download and install Jan 10, 2021

Wf Classic can be downloaded here: https://www.wordfast.net/?whichpage=downloadpage

Then, follow instructions to install it.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Pau2 Jan 10, 2021

Pau2 wrote:
I use Windows, Office 365, Word 2016 and Wordfast Classic versión 6.03t.

This version is no longer available on the Wordfast web site, so unless someone sends it to you privately, or unless you can convince the Wordfast people to send you a spare version of it, you may need to download one of the versions that are available on the Wordfast web site.

I also strongly recommend keeping a copy of any files that might go lost, e.g. wordfast.dot, normal.dot, your INI files, etc.

Jean Lachaud wrote:
Wf Classic can be downloaded here: https://www.wordfast.net/?whichpage=downloadpage

This page contains only the latest version and a small selection of previous versions. If you want to use a version on this page, I suspect 5.92m comes closest to 6.03t.

[Edited at 2021-01-10 21:29 GMT]

Pau2
Pau2
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 10, 2021

Thank you, Samuel! Yes, I would prefer to keep on using the version I already have, so thanks for that! My subscription's run out, so I guess I install it and then go to the site Jean mentioned where I can get the subscription again and then relicence to move up to the full version from the demo version, right? Very helpful of you as I didn't have much idea about the versions or anything

Pau2
Pau2
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for site info, too Jan 10, 2021

Thank you, Jean, also

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Pau2 Jan 10, 2021

Pau2 wrote:
Yes, I would prefer to keep on using the version I already have, so thanks for that!

Unless there is a very specific reason why you want to keep using this version, I recommend that you give the very latest version a try. It has new features, and many people are happy with it.

My subscription's run out, so I guess I install it and then go to the site Jean mentioned where I can get the subscription again and then relicence to move up to the full version from the demo version, right?

Yes, Wordfast costs about $500 per 3-year term (50% discount if you're from a poor country, and 50% discount if you renew an old license, so try logging in before you buy it).

If someone sent you a demo version of 6.03t, then you may be able to turn that demo version into a full version by using the relicense function on the Wordfast web site (after you've renewed your subscription, of course!), but it could also be that the demo version stays in demo mode, and then your only option is to use one of the versions that you can download from the official web site. So, be prepared for the possibility that you would have to use a newer version of Wordfast anyway.

Samuel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast.dot disappeared

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »