Caroline Giguère
Caroline Giguère  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:50
English to French
+ ...
Oct 25, 2020

Hello all,

I've been working on a project on WordFast (5.17) for several days, and got to it again this morning, but the first time I tried saving my work, the following message appeared:

An error occurred. Cause: temporary file is missing. XLIFF:
[...]idml.txlf. Problematic file:
[...]txlf-[...]

I haven't removed anything, or changed anything since yesterday. Why is the file missing? This is an idml file that I uploaded directly onto WorkFast
... See more
Hello all,

I've been working on a project on WordFast (5.17) for several days, and got to it again this morning, but the first time I tried saving my work, the following message appeared:

An error occurred. Cause: temporary file is missing. XLIFF:
[...]idml.txlf. Problematic file:
[...]txlf-[...]

I haven't removed anything, or changed anything since yesterday. Why is the file missing? This is an idml file that I uploaded directly onto WorkFast. Now it won't let me save my work, and I'm afraid of closing the project. This has happened to me once before on a small project, and I closed the project but it couldn't find it again. I had to create the project again (although my TM was able to fill the segments I had done).

What can be the reason(s) that this happens?

Thanks for any advice.

Caroline
Collapse

Isabel Ortiz
Isabel Ortiz
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Close the project on the project list tab Oct 26, 2021

Caroline, I just ran into this problem. I navigated to the Project List, selected my project, closed it, and then reopened it. That seemed to reset whatever the issue was. I didn't have any losses other than the one segment I was working on when the error occurred. Unfortunately work cannot be saved before needing to close the project and trying to do so triggers the error message again. Hope this helps!

Caroline Giguère
Caroline Giguère  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:50
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 29, 2021

I posted this quite some time ago, and I think I did something similar to what you're mentioning – closing everything and reopening or maybe recreating, and everything was there.

Your response is much appreciated, thank you!

Caroline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Temporary File Missing

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »