Thread poster: B D Finch
B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:54
French to English
+ ...
Aug 26, 2020

I've just updated to WFP 5.17.0 and none of my WPF 5.16 TMs are recognised. So, I used Create TM to import the ones I need for my current project and that seemed to work. However, when I opened my project it disconnected all of the TMs.

B D Finch
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Even worse Aug 26, 2020

I tried opening a previous project and both glossaries and TMs are inaccessible and can't be loaded, though the tmxl project file can be opened. I've had no answer yet from the Wordfast Hotline. I also tried sending feedback via the app, with app files and as it was sending, the text of what I had typed in the feedback field disappeared. I tried again and as the feedback field text disappeared again, I clicked "Cancel", and it stopped, but it told me my feedback had been sent. So, their feedback... See more
I tried opening a previous project and both glossaries and TMs are inaccessible and can't be loaded, though the tmxl project file can be opened. I've had no answer yet from the Wordfast Hotline. I also tried sending feedback via the app, with app files and as it was sending, the text of what I had typed in the feedback field disappeared. I tried again and as the feedback field text disappeared again, I clicked "Cancel", and it stopped, but it told me my feedback had been sent. So, their feedback isn't working.

I checked the Wordfast website to see if I could reinstall the WFP 5.16, but there was no choice of version to install. Does anyone have installation files for 5.16? Would they work?
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:54
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Previous versions of WFP Aug 26, 2020

You can download the legacy versions from here at https://wordfast.com/legacydownload

[Edited at 2020-08-26 12:37 GMT]

B D Finch
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Aug 26, 2020

Though I had switched Avast off while I updated and added Wordfast Pro to my list of accepted programs in Avast, there was something called JDK Platform binary that was blocked by Avast as malware and that was what stopped the TMs and glossaries being recognised. So, I’ve now added that to allowed programs, which seems to have worked.

It would be useful if Wordfast checked components of its programs with Avast and similar anti-virus programs before release, or at least if you war
... See more
Though I had switched Avast off while I updated and added Wordfast Pro to my list of accepted programs in Avast, there was something called JDK Platform binary that was blocked by Avast as malware and that was what stopped the TMs and glossaries being recognised. So, I’ve now added that to allowed programs, which seems to have worked.

It would be useful if Wordfast checked components of its programs with Avast and similar anti-virus programs before release, or at least if you warned people downloading updates that this sort of thing could happen and how to check for it. I’d never have guessed that JDK Platform binary had anything whatsoever to do with Wordfast and was lucky to, almost accidentally, find that it did.

Another suggestion: Wordfast can now import SDL packages, which I’ve never done, but it can’t import Trados .sdltm TMs. So, I’ve had to ask the agency to convert the TM they sent me, which is the sort of thing that won’t improve their willingness to work with translators who use Wordfast.
Collapse

B D Finch
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Andriy Aug 26, 2020

Thanks for the link. As I have now solved the problem, I shall only use it if I encounter more glitches. However, it is useful to have access to legacy versions if necessary.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
SDLTM conversion Aug 27, 2020

B D Finch wrote:

Another suggestion: Wordfast can now import SDL packages, which I’ve never done, but it can’t import Trados .sdltm TMs. So, I’ve had to ask the agency to convert the TM they sent me, which is the sort of thing that won’t improve their willingness to work with translators who use Wordfast.

What about the app SDLTMConvert?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5.17.0 won't recognise any of my TMs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »