Thread poster: Leopoldo Gurman
Leopoldo Gurman
Leopoldo Gurman
United States
Local time: 04:03
English to Spanish
Jun 3, 2020

Hi again WF Support Forum,

Due to the tags, the text isn't displaying correctly, please see the attached image.

I noticed that almost any text in the form of a tag (with the exception of special characters) will be removed from the glossaries while importing or trying to edit it in the Glossary Editor. So far, I've only tried with tab delimited text, not TBX.
For example, if I try to Write "A<u>nt" in the glossary editor, I get "Ant". "A<+>nt" will wo
... See more
Hi again WF Support Forum,

Due to the tags, the text isn't displaying correctly, please see the attached image.

I noticed that almost any text in the form of a tag (with the exception of special characters) will be removed from the glossaries while importing or trying to edit it in the Glossary Editor. So far, I've only tried with tab delimited text, not TBX.
For example, if I try to Write "A<u>nt" in the glossary editor, I get "Ant". "A<+>nt" will work fine.
Tag-like text also creates issues in the TMs, in this case, the behavior is correct (if there is a 100% match, it will be recognized and populated), but in the TM Lookup the tag-like parts parts are (sometimes, but not always) shown as removed text (highlighted in red and strikethrough) even though it is a 100% match.
Any suggestions to add <text like this> to glossaries are appreciated.
Thanks!

Tags

[Editado a las 2020-06-03 19:44 GMT]

[Editado a las 2020-06-03 19:46 GMT]

[Editado a las 2020-06-03 19:49 GMT]

[Editado a las 2020-06-03 19:50 GMT]
Collapse

Leopoldo Gurman
Leopoldo Gurman
United States
Local time: 04:03
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround: use HTML entities Jun 18, 2020

In case it helps anyone, if the greater than and less than signs are replaced by their corresponding HTML character entities, the import works well. When exported, the entities must be replaced by their corresponding signs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issues with tags/tag-like text in glossaries and TMs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »