Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:20
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 1, 2019

FWIW, the update from 5.11.0 to 5.11.1 is a bugfix release that is only relevant for MacOS, even though Windows users are encouraged to install it too.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
WFP5 version 5.11.1 update Oct 1, 2019

Thanks Samuel
I wasn't aware of this update.

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
5.11.1 update on Windows 10 Nov 22, 2019

I am running 5.11.1 on Windows 10 and it is the buggiest version of WFP5 yet! I am due to renew my licence, but thanks to 5.11.1 (and the deterioration of Hotline response), my confidence in Wordfast is now really low.

Is anyone else thinking of transferring to another CAT tool for similar reasons?

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
WFP 5.12 Nov 22, 2019

I see Wordfast Pro 5.12 has been released: https://www.wordfast.com/support_release_notes including several new features/enhancements and many fixed issues.

[Edited at 2019-11-22 15:56 GMT]

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Wordfast Pro 5.12 release notes Nov 24, 2019

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

I see Wordfast Pro 5.12 has been released: https://www.wordfast.com/support_release_notes including several new features/enhancements and many fixed issues.

[Edited at 2019-11-22 15:56 GMT]

I looked at the release notes hoping that I'd find that all the bugs I've reported had been fixed. One of them is in the list of fixed bugs, the others have just been ignored. On the other hand, lots of the issues they say they've fixed are issues I've never encountered.

On the plus side, my WFP 5.11.1 progress bar has mysteriously started showing accurate readings again.

[Edited at 2019-11-24 19:41 GMT]

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Prioritization Nov 25, 2019

B D Finch wrote:

I looked at the release notes hoping that I'd find that all the bugs I've reported had been fixed. One of them is in the list of fixed bugs, the others have just been ignored. On the other hand, lots of the issues they say they've fixed are issues I've never encountered.

On the plus side, my WFP 5.11.1 progress bar has mysteriously started showing accurate readings again.

[Edited at 2019-11-24 19:41 GMT]

Dear Barbara,

I want to reassure you that the bugs you reported have not been ignored. They are prioritized based on how critical they are, how many people have reported the same issue, how long they have been in the development queue, etc. Certain fixes, improvements and new features are more urgently needed than others.

Kind regards,
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP5 version 5.11.1 update

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »