WordFast Pro 5.8.0 - Trouble previewing .pptx files and saving "as translated"
Thread poster: annapals
annapals
annapals  Identity Verified
Iceland
Local time: 11:50
English to Icelandic
Aug 6, 2019

I'm translating from US English into Icelandic and have many years of experience working with WordFast. Lately, a problem has come up in my WordFast Pro 5.8.0 version. When I'm translating a .pptx file, it doesn't show up in the live preview. That would be okay, but the problem is also that when I save the file as translated, and then open it in Power Point, there is just one blank slide, nothing more, even if I've translated the whole 18 slides.

I tried saving the file in the old f
... See more
I'm translating from US English into Icelandic and have many years of experience working with WordFast. Lately, a problem has come up in my WordFast Pro 5.8.0 version. When I'm translating a .pptx file, it doesn't show up in the live preview. That would be okay, but the problem is also that when I save the file as translated, and then open it in Power Point, there is just one blank slide, nothing more, even if I've translated the whole 18 slides.

I tried saving the file in the old format (.ppt) and then, this problem disappears. However, there are features in .pptx that are lost when saving to the old version. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Best regards,
Anna
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFast Pro 5.8.0 - Trouble previewing .pptx files and saving "as translated"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »