carol so
carol so  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:52
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 9, 2016

I was translating a .inx file in Wordfast 3.4.8, and when I want to save it as a translated file, the following error message returns:

Filter error

Error while saving file.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Target count must match source count.

I have never seen this error before and I have no idea what it means. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

carol so
carol so  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:52
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jul 9, 2016

carol so wrote:

I was translating a .inx file in Wordfast 3.4.8, and when I want to save it as a translated file, the following error message returns:

Filter error

Error while saving file.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Target count must match source count.

I have never seen this error before and I have no idea what it means. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Just solved the problem, it just means that the number of tags in the source and target doesn't match. God I was panicking!

Normally it wouldn't be a big problem if the tags do not match, I guess it depends on the file type? It's my first time using Wordfast to translate .inx file.

anna fomina
anna fomina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:52
English to Russian
+ ...
The same problem in saving INX files Jan 28, 2020

Hello, Carrol,

I've just faced the same problem in saving the INX file as you did 3,5 years ago. What did you do to save the file? Double-checked all the tags in the translation? Is it possible to solve this problem fast?
I use Word Fast Pro3.14 on Windows 7.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Anna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! Error while saving file.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »