Diana Kaplan
Diana Kaplan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:41
English to German
+ ...
Feb 19, 2020

Dear all,

I client has offered me a SEO-Project- it´s my first and I am a bit unsure how it works (of course I know what SEO means but not how to create it from a translation).

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Diana

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Diana Feb 19, 2020

Diana Kaplan wrote:
I client has offered me an SEO project.

Most likely the client will give you a list of words to translate. Some of these words will be deliberately misspelled. How to deal with misspelled words, depends on the client. It may be that this is a "smart" SEO project in which you must also generate your own spelling errors for words in the target language even if they do not have multiple spellings in the source language.

You'll probably be offered a per-word rate that is lower than your usual rate, but bear in mind that translating segments that consist of one or two words each tend to take much longer to translate per word than sentences or paragraphs.

The upshot is that you can usually use Google Translate to great effect -- in such lists that I have translated, I'd say 60-70% of words were correctly translated by Google Translate, and about half of the remaining words needed very little editing. But sometimes Google Translate struggles with one-word texts and give translations that are only vaguely accurate, so watch out.

Another, different type of "SEO project" is where you need to translate normal text, but you must ensure that the text is keyword rich or make sure that a certain glossary is closely followed. However, I've never actually had such a job, and I wonder how many of them there are.

Diana Kaplan
Diana Kaplan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 19, 2020

Yes, Samuel, you´re right.
I went back to the client and just asked what it was really about.
They explained and it´s just a review with looking out for keywords.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for ressources to learn more about SEO

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »