Evelyne Daniline - Pleckanoff  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:58
Member (2014)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 23, 2020

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing some issues with Linguee for a couple of days now. I'm getting the following error message when I try to translate something: An error has occured
There is a problem with the remote server. Please try again in a few seconds.

The funny thing is that I only get this error message for the combination SPANISH-DUTCH. All other combinations work perfectly fine. I have asked other people and they get the same error, so it's not a
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing some issues with Linguee for a couple of days now. I'm getting the following error message when I try to translate something: An error has occured
There is a problem with the remote server. Please try again in a few seconds.

The funny thing is that I only get this error message for the combination SPANISH-DUTCH. All other combinations work perfectly fine. I have asked other people and they get the same error, so it's not a problem of my internet connection or router.

Has anyone of you ever had this problem, do you know what the issue might be and how to solve it?

I have tried to contact Linguee, but my emails get blocked and I haven't received any reply to the issue I raised through their website. I can't find a telephone number (except the one from the data processor, who asked me to send him an email and will then try to send it to Linguee...).

Thanks in advance for your help!
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same here Jan 23, 2020

Here in France I get the same message.

Cheers,
Gerard

Evelyne Daniline - Pleckanoff
Spain
Member (2014)
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reply Linguee Jan 23, 2020

I have just received a reply from Linguee (through the data processor) that they have received my request and will look into it. Fingers crossed

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
Language dependent hardware/software Jan 23, 2020

Evelyne Daniline - Pleckanoff wrote:

do you know what the issue might be?

There might be different servers and/or server applications, depending on the languages. An indication is that Linguee uses different URLs for different languages. Just look at the adress line in your browser.

Gabriela Zielinska
Gabriela Zielinska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Same here Jan 23, 2020

I have been getting the same message with several other language pairs. I hope they'll resolve it quickly.

Evelyne Daniline - Pleckanoff
Spain
Member (2014)
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Servers up and running Jan 23, 2020

I have just received confirmation from Linguee that they have solved the problem, everything is working fine now!

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Caveat emptor Jan 24, 2020

I think it is advisable to warn anybody relying on Linguee for their translations that although it can be a useful tool, the results can be very haphazard and inappropriate. When using it, you really need to know how to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

Philippe Etienne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Linguee Spanish-Dutch

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »