Pilar Dueñas
Pilar Dueñas  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 03:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 22, 2020

Hi,
Anybody has up-to-date information on Netflix false narratives for Castilian Spanish in particular. Last time I checked, all FNs were in all caps, regardless of how the text appears onscreen. Is this still the case?

Francisco Vare
Francisco Vare
Poland
Local time: 10:11
Polish to Spanish
+ ...
All caps, normally. Dec 22, 2020

¡Hola, Pilar!

As per Netflix instructions:

"Forced narratives for on-screen text should be in ALL CAPS and no period at the end of the text, except for:

Instant messaging, chats, text messages (e.g. SMS, WhatsApp) which should stay in ALL CAPS but follow current Spanish punctuation rules.
Long passages of on screen text (e.g. prologue, epilogue, etc.), which should use sentence case to improve readability."

You can find all the i
... See more
¡Hola, Pilar!

As per Netflix instructions:

"Forced narratives for on-screen text should be in ALL CAPS and no period at the end of the text, except for:

Instant messaging, chats, text messages (e.g. SMS, WhatsApp) which should stay in ALL CAPS but follow current Spanish punctuation rules.
Long passages of on screen text (e.g. prologue, epilogue, etc.), which should use sentence case to improve readability."

You can find all the info regarding Spanish here: https://partnerhelp.netflixstudios.com/hc/en-us/articles/217349997-Castilian-Latin-American-Spanish-Timed-Text-Style-Guide

Hope it helps!
Collapse

Yaotl Altan

Pilar Dueñas
Costa Rica
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 22, 2020

Great, thanks, Francisco. I do have the link but sometimes Netflix make changes and don't update the Guide for a while.
This may be off-topic but, have you ever translated silent film intertitles? I am leaving the text boxes as they appear onscreen, what do you think?
Thanks!

Francisco Vare
Francisco Vare
Poland
Polish to Spanish
+ ...
Sorry Dec 22, 2020

I have never translated silent film intertitles, so my opinion could be very wrong, but I would personally also leave the text boxes as they appear on-screen.

Pilar Dueñas
Costa Rica
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias. Dec 22, 2020

That's great. I'd rather have a second opinion.
Take care.

Francisco Vare
Francisco Vare
Poland
Polish to Spanish
+ ...
No hay problema. Dec 22, 2020

Fingers crossed y Feliz Navidad.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netflix false narrative format

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »