Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Agrees disappear if a forum discussion is closed?
Thread poster: Katalin Horváth McClure
Andrew Morris
Andrew Morris
Local time: 11:23
ProZ.com team
Locked away Apr 17, 2019

I wasn't initially aware when locking a thread (which had served its purpose) that it actually disappeared. Rest assured that there was no Machiavellian intention behind the move.

Elizabeth Tamblin

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:23
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The thread did not disappear Apr 17, 2019

amorrisproz wrote:

I wasn't initially aware when locking a thread (which had served its purpose) that it actually disappeared.

Andrew,
As explained above, locking a thread does not make them disappear. Both threads in question are (and were) in place at all times since the time of their initial posting. This thread here was about the "Agrees" that disappeared, due to a technical issue, a bug in the system, which has already been resolved.
There is really nothing to add here.

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
n/a Apr 17, 2019

n/a

[Edited at 2019-04-17 17:31 GMT]

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
A pity Apr 18, 2019

Germaine wrote:

It’s their very right: this is a business, not a community (...)

I see from your profile that you joined ProZ a few months before I did, i.e. almost twenty years ago.

I think you'll agree that, regrettably, ProZ at that time felt more like a community than a business.

Germaine
writeaway

Andrew Morris
Andrew Morris
ProZ.com team
A business community Apr 18, 2019

@Andy

OT, but all is not lost. Communities, like cathedrals, can be rebuilt. It's just a question of vision.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agrees disappear if a forum discussion is closed?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »