Matching Arabic words with article in Multiterm
Thread poster: gustup (X)
gustup (X)
gustup (X)
Arabic to Italian
Feb 8, 2007

Good evening,
I first tried to post in the Arabic Forum: no answers.
I have some problem using Multiterm in conjuction with Translator's Workbench. I inserted in the termbase all Arabic words without article (obiously), but when I translate some word with the article there are no matchs in the 'Term Recognition ' window, i.e. for الخطط there is no result because in the termbase the term is خطط (somethink like 'theplans' vs 'plans', because in Arabic the article is attached to
... See more
Good evening,
I first tried to post in the Arabic Forum: no answers.
I have some problem using Multiterm in conjuction with Translator's Workbench. I inserted in the termbase all Arabic words without article (obiously), but when I translate some word with the article there are no matchs in the 'Term Recognition ' window, i.e. for الخطط there is no result because in the termbase the term is خطط (somethink like 'theplans' vs 'plans', because in Arabic the article is attached to the word). The 'minimum match value' in the settings of the 'Terminology Recognition Option' menu is already set to 30%.
There is some solution or the only thing to do is to insert arabic words in the termbase with and without article?
Thank you
Collapse

Suzanne Chabot

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Local time: 10:50
Arabic to French
Same problem Sep 12, 2019

Hello,

I have the same problem exactly and I am looking for a solution.

The problem is not only the article, but the problem is also with the harakat, the declination, the addition of personal pronouns, the broken plural form...

I did not have theses problem when I was using OmegaT because, they told me (I don't understand), there are a specific 'tokens' for the Arabic language inside their program.

I am just wondering if there is a way to imp
... See more
Hello,

I have the same problem exactly and I am looking for a solution.

The problem is not only the article, but the problem is also with the harakat, the declination, the addition of personal pronouns, the broken plural form...

I did not have theses problem when I was using OmegaT because, they told me (I don't understand), there are a specific 'tokens' for the Arabic language inside their program.

I am just wondering if there is a way to import these 'tokens' (I don't know what it is) into SDL Trados studio, so the term recognition will be enhanced.

For now, I am adding into the termbase all variations of the words, which takes a very long time to do.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Suzanne
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Matching Arabic words with article in Multiterm

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »