"Browse" and "Save As" buttons NOT visible on import wizard MultiTerm 2019
Thread poster: chrishealey2 (X)
chrishealey2 (X)
chrishealey2 (X)
Local time: 18:54
German to English
Feb 20, 2021

The buttons do not appear on the pop up import wizard window when I try to import an xml file.

I have reinstalled the software, run it as an administrator and have played with my Windows 7 display settings: no change.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers.

Chris.

George Luca
George Luca  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:54
German to Romanian
+ ...
It seems to be a known bug Feb 24, 2021

I didn’t encounter the problem described by you under Windows 7 and Studio 2017 and my old computer (32 bit), but since September 2020, I am facing the same issue with my new computer (64 bit) and Windows 10, for both MultiTerm 2017 and MultiTerm 2021. Furthermore, in MultiTerm 2021 is also missing the TB Management list.

Try to search for “Termbase creation (SDL Multiterm 2017): impossible to browse for xdt reference file” in
... See more
I didn’t encounter the problem described by you under Windows 7 and Studio 2017 and my old computer (32 bit), but since September 2020, I am facing the same issue with my new computer (64 bit) and Windows 10, for both MultiTerm 2017 and MultiTerm 2021. Furthermore, in MultiTerm 2021 is also missing the TB Management list.

Try to search for “Termbase creation (SDL Multiterm 2017): impossible to browse for xdt reference file” in SDL Community. ( https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/multiterm/29908/termbase-creation-sdl-multiterm-2017-impossible-to-browse-for-xdt-reference-file) or (https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/multiterm/34187/multiterm-2019-import-wizard-browse-and-save-as-buttons-not-displaying-on-the-import-wizard-window).

Perhaps the suggestions given there may work for you.

In spite of the fact that I am an old user of SDL Trados, and was always able to use MT to create/import/export/maintain my TBs, at the time being I am not anymore in this position.

The only way I was able to find for adding new TBs to the existing ones is TermExcelerator from the AppStore.
Collapse

chrishealey2 (X)
chrishealey2 (X)
Local time: 18:54
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 24, 2021

Hi George,

Yeah, and the worst part of it is it was logged with Trados but they haven't come back with a viable solution: on some displays the programming simply won't allow it to work it seems.

Fortunately I also own a Mac, which I've partitioned to run Windows 10 and have simply transferred everything onto it. Both Trados and MultiTerm work on it, but I still find it crazy that a piece of software simply won't display correctly on a Windows machine in a way that preve
... See more
Hi George,

Yeah, and the worst part of it is it was logged with Trados but they haven't come back with a viable solution: on some displays the programming simply won't allow it to work it seems.

Fortunately I also own a Mac, which I've partitioned to run Windows 10 and have simply transferred everything onto it. Both Trados and MultiTerm work on it, but I still find it crazy that a piece of software simply won't display correctly on a Windows machine in a way that prevents you from performing necessary functions.

Thanks for the reply, and hope you found a solution too.

Cheers,

Chris.
Collapse

Abu Bekr Al-Agib
Abu Bekr Al-Agib  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 20:54
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Any Solution? Jul 21, 2022

Hi Everybody,
Has anyone got a solution for this absurd problem?
Please help; this is an SOS!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Browse" and "Save As" buttons NOT visible on import wizard MultiTerm 2019

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »