Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 24, 2020

The message I get is that the file is not in a version compatible with the Excel application, and will not be processed.

This occasionally happens to me with Office, and with Word or PowerPoint it seems to be a fix to just upgrade the doc or ppt version to docx/pptx (or even downgrade from docx/pptx to doc/ppt), but here it doesn't work. I thought it might be the name of the Excel, with a lot of symbols, but it doesn't work when I take all those out either.

Now I think
... See more
The message I get is that the file is not in a version compatible with the Excel application, and will not be processed.

This occasionally happens to me with Office, and with Word or PowerPoint it seems to be a fix to just upgrade the doc or ppt version to docx/pptx (or even downgrade from docx/pptx to doc/ppt), but here it doesn't work. I thought it might be the name of the Excel, with a lot of symbols, but it doesn't work when I take all those out either.

Now I think it might just be that the Excel has a lot of pasted graphs and diagrams in it. ??
Collapse

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Nov 24, 2020

This has now been solved through the good offices of Matthias Brombach, with moral support from expressisverbis, to both of whom I am extremely grateful.

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 12:25
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I'm happy to know it Nov 24, 2020

Thank you Mervyn, I did nothing.
I'm happy to know that Matthias could help you with this. I thought he went to crocodile fishing today!

[Edited at 2020-11-24 16:26 GMT]

Mervyn Henderson (X)

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Nearly the same ... Nov 24, 2020

expressisverbis wrote:

I thought he went to crocodile fishing today!

Dealing with Studio is sometimes nearly the same, actually.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 won't take an Excel file, even when downgraded to Excel 97/2003

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »