Aurelia Popa
Romania
Local time: 16:47
Member (2020)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 10, 2020

Hi,

I've been using Trados Studio for some months only and I'm still learning.
Recently, I've lost all my projects and TMs from the application, no special maneuvers. When I open Trados all the project space and TM are blank. Where have they gone?
By the way, is it normal for the client to ask the TM along with the translated project?
Can anyone help?

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 15:47
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Search for the projects in the File Explorer Nov 10, 2020

Aurelia Popa wrote:
I've been using Trados Studio for some months only and I'm still learning.
Recently, I've lost all my projects and TMs from the application, no special maneuvers. When I open Trados all the project space and TM are blank. Where have they gone?
By the way, is it normal for the client to ask the TM along with the translated project?
Can anyone help?

I cannot say what may have happened in your case, but you should be able to find your projects etc. on your harddisk.

Search for sdlproj on your harddisk. If you double click on the project file you've found, it should open in the normal way in Studio with TM and all intact.

By the way, I usually ensure the project is in the same folder as the files I receive from the customer so I know where to find it at all times.

Roy

Aurelia Popa
Aurelia Popa
Romania
Local time: 16:47
Member (2020)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My projects in Trados Studio Nov 10, 2020

Thank you Roy, I'll do that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

All projects in my Studio 2019 have disappeared

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »