Copy source on no match doesn't work in a client's project from package (Studio 2019 SR2 Build 2849)
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 9, 2020

In a client's project created from a package, Studio won't automatically copy source to target on no match despite me having enabled that in Options. It only does that with the first segment, when the file is opened.

I also had a similar problem with Studio 2011 that was never resolved:
... See more
In a client's project created from a package, Studio won't automatically copy source to target on no match despite me having enabled that in Options. It only does that with the first segment, when the file is opened.

I also had a similar problem with Studio 2011 that was never resolved:

https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/323488-[studio_2011]_copy_source_on_no_match_doesnt_work_in_a_specific_project_created_from_package.html
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:53
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Artem Nov 9, 2020

I personally rarely use client's packages as they are. I have my own projects for all main clients (with my TMs and TBs), so I unpack the package, add the target sdlxliffs to my own project, complete the job, save target xliffs to the target folder in the package and just open them there to check if everything is ok. In 90% cases everything is fine, in 10% cases you need to simply re-confirm all segments (why does this happen, is the same mystery as in your case with copying).

My me
... See more
I personally rarely use client's packages as they are. I have my own projects for all main clients (with my TMs and TBs), so I unpack the package, add the target sdlxliffs to my own project, complete the job, save target xliffs to the target folder in the package and just open them there to check if everything is ok. In 90% cases everything is fine, in 10% cases you need to simply re-confirm all segments (why does this happen, is the same mystery as in your case with copying).

My method adds a couple of steps, but this way you always work in your established/preferred settings.
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 02:53
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Try Ctr+Insert Nov 9, 2020

Artem Vakhitov wrote:

When I want to copy source to target, I just hit Ctr+Insert, which doesn't add that much extra key strokes.

Roy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy source on no match doesn't work in a client's project from package (Studio 2019 SR2 Build 2849)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »