josiane cali
josiane cali
France
Local time: 22:39
English to French
+ ...
Nov 8, 2020

Hi everybody

It's the first time I'm working on a Trados Package. I translated all the files, using "Ctrl S" to save. Whan I leaved Trados, and turned again, I din't find neither my package nor my files. I used Windows Search" without results... Have you an idea ?

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Josiane Nov 8, 2020

josiane cali wrote:
It's the first time I'm working on a Trados package.

1. A Trados package is meant to be opened only once. When you open the package, the package tells Trados how to create a project and where to save the files. From that point onwards, you're not longer working on the package but on the project that Trados created using the package. So, when you opened the package, Trados would have created a project somewhere, and you should have been able to see where it created it. One place where you can look for it may be in C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Studio 2021\Projects. Inside the project folder, you'll find a folder that has the name of your target language code, and inside that folder are your files.

2. If you've created a project in Trados (and you have!), the project should appear in the project list. In Trados, click View > Projects to see the project list. Your project should hopefully be in that list, and then you can double-click it and continue to work on the translation.

3. Out of curiosity, did you save the Trados package e.g. in your Downloads folder or on your Desktop before you opened it, or did you open it straight from the e-mail? Either way, you should not open the Trados package a second time, unless you intend to start from scratch.

Samuel

[Edited at 2020-11-08 12:53 GMT]

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 21:39
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Package location? Nov 8, 2020

josiane cali wrote:

Hi everybody

It's the first time I'm working on a Trados Package. I translated all the files, using "Ctrl S" to save. Whan I leaved Trados, and turned again, I din't find neither my package nor my files. I used Windows Search" without results... Have you an idea ?

Thanks in advance
Best regards

As far as I can understand it, you want to locate the package you have translated.
Go to "Files" (left column) and check "File Details". Here you can see the path where your files were saved.

[Edited at 2020-11-08 12:56 GMT]

josiane cali
josiane cali
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel Nov 8, 2020

Thanks for your quick answer

1/ I tried the option C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Studio 2021\Projects : I only found a XML file named project, that I can't open with Trados

2/ I did'nt create a project, I only opened the Package I received, and did'nt know that I had to...

3/ I did save the package in my files before I opened it...

Have a nice afternoon

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
First of all, Nov 8, 2020

please check if you are seeing ALL projects (take a look at the image here: https://www.proz.com/post/2779532#2779532 ).

expressisverbis

josiane cali
josiane cali
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Natalie Nov 8, 2020

Yes, I see "All projects"

best regards

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
In this case Nov 8, 2020

scroll through the overall list of the projects: the last project you have worked at should be bolded.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Josiane Nov 8, 2020

josiane cali wrote:
2/ I didn't create a project. I only opened the package I received.

What was the file extension of this package?

josiane cali
josiane cali
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel Nov 8, 2020

The extension was SDLPPX

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save a package

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »