Error processing command line arguments in Studio 2019
Thread poster: Ben_ (X)
Ben_ (X)
Ben_ (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:46
German to English
Jul 6, 2020

I've never had this problem before, but Studio 2019 won't open anything because I keep getting the error message as follows:

Error processing command line arguments: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Windows 10\Documents\My Music' is denied.

USAGE: SDLTradosStudio.exe [/help|/?] /arg1 val1 /arg2 val2

Task: NoAutoUpdate
Description: Starts the application without automatically checking for updates.
Usage: SDLTradosStudio.exe /noautoupdate
Arguments:
/noautoupdate Starts the application without automatically checking for updates.

Task: Open Retrofit
Description: Opens a retrofit file in the Alignment View.
Usage: SDLTradosStudio.exe /openRetrofit
Arguments:
/openRetrofit The full file path to the retrofit file you want to open.

I have no idea why it mentions the My Music subfolder because I've never used that folder for anything, I certainly don't store translation-related files there.

It won't even load up files that worked fine last week - does anybody know how to get round this?

Thanks!

Edit - I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Studio as well but I still get the same problem.

[Edited at 2020-07-06 13:29 GMT]

Ben_ (X)
Ben_ (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:46
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted it Jul 6, 2020

I went to to File > Setup > Manage User Profiles > Reset User Profiles and problem solved.

Weird bug in the software though...

Ludo1
Bahadır Ahıska

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error processing command line arguments in Studio 2019

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »