Studio 2019 SR2: Same TM, ~8000 fewer pre-translated segments than 2011
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
May 26, 2020

Using the same TM obtained by alignment and the same source file, Studio 2019 SR2 gives me ~8000 fewer pre-translated segments than Studio 2011. What is the reason for that? Are there any settings that can be used to get at least the same pre-translate yield as with Studio 2011?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:05
English to Russian
Minimum match value May 26, 2020

Check if you have different values here: Project Settings > Language Pairs > All Language Pairs > Batch Processing > Pre-translate Files > Minimum match value: ?
Also check if you use only one TM both in 2011 and 2019 versions.

[Edited at 2020-05-26 22:19 GMT]

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same settings, one TM Jun 15, 2020

Stepan Konev wrote:

Check if you have different values here: Project Settings > Language Pairs > All Language Pairs > Batch Processing > Pre-translate Files > Minimum match value: ?
Also check if you use only one TM both in 2011 and 2019 versions.

[Edited at 2020-05-26 22:19 GMT]

With the same 100% minimum match value and one TM, I have the same situation with another project. This is whether I use WinAlign or the new alignment tool (the latter with 2019 only). Basically, what is a 100% match in 2011 becomes a 99% match in 2019.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2019 SR2: Same TM, ~8000 fewer pre-translated segments than 2011

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »