Bug/Improvement: Project settings are reset when importing packages for multiple languages
Thread poster: Aleksandrs Vališevskis
Aleksandrs Vališevskis
Aleksandrs Vališevskis
Latvia
Local time: 16:17
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
May 22, 2020

Hello!

Being bilingual, I often work on multiple languages within the same project. What's super-annoying, is that Studio resets all the settings and removes all the TMs/TBs for previous languages, when a new language is imported.

Is there a way of keeping these settings or maybe SDL Trados developers can introduce a prompt, asking the user whether (s)he wants his/her settings to be reset?

Same applies to packages with additional files for the same project
... See more
Hello!

Being bilingual, I often work on multiple languages within the same project. What's super-annoying, is that Studio resets all the settings and removes all the TMs/TBs for previous languages, when a new language is imported.

Is there a way of keeping these settings or maybe SDL Trados developers can introduce a prompt, asking the user whether (s)he wants his/her settings to be reset?

Same applies to packages with additional files for the same project - even if the language remains the same, all the TMs/TBs that were set manually after the original package was imported, are reset.

Right now I found no other way, but to add all the removed TMs/TBs back again manually.

Thanks,
Aleksandrs
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bug/Improvement: Project settings are reset when importing packages for multiple languages

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »