How do I remove a GroupShare project from "in progress" in my projects list?
Thread poster: Johanna Liljenzin
Johanna Liljenzin
Johanna Liljenzin  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:50
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 13, 2020

Hi everyone!

One of my longstanding clients started using GroupShare today. After I had delivered the project by checking in the file and changing the phase to review, I tried to remove the project from "in progress" in my own local projects list (I am not talking about "their" lists on the GroupShare server). I then got the error message "You cannot complete this project because you do not have required permission".

How do I solve this? The client has no idea; the proj
... See more
Hi everyone!

One of my longstanding clients started using GroupShare today. After I had delivered the project by checking in the file and changing the phase to review, I tried to remove the project from "in progress" in my own local projects list (I am not talking about "their" lists on the GroupShare server). I then got the error message "You cannot complete this project because you do not have required permission".

How do I solve this? The client has no idea; the project is marked as completed on their side. I really need to move the project from "in progress" to the list of completed projects, as it will be very difficult for me otherwise to keep track of the projects I am currently working on and the projects that I have already completed (which I must keep track of for billing and audit purposes).

I would be very grateful for your help!

(And yes, I posted this in the official SDL Community forum two days ago, to no avail.)

Kind regards,
Johanna
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:50
English to Russian
Unpublish your project May 13, 2020

As far as I remember, they (your client) should unpublish the project before you can remove it. This issue was raised years ago, but SDL are too busy with their super-innovative 2021 version. That is why they have nothing to say.
When your client has the project unpublished, try removing your local files again. Then they can re-publish it if need be.

Here you can check out how SDL rush into solving issues. From 5 years ago thro
... See more
As far as I remember, they (your client) should unpublish the project before you can remove it. This issue was raised years ago, but SDL are too busy with their super-innovative 2021 version. That is why they have nothing to say.
When your client has the project unpublished, try removing your local files again. Then they can re-publish it if need be.

Here you can check out how SDL rush into solving issues. From 5 years ago through 1 month ago, still pending.
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/sdl-groupshare/f/groupshare-qa/3595/how-to-delete-a-file-from-groupshare-project

[Edited at 2020-05-13 14:00 GMT]
Collapse

Johanna Liljenzin
Sweden
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found - thanks Stepan! May 13, 2020

Stepan,

Thank you so much for your response! I got an error message stating that I did not have permission to unpublish the project, but in fact, it moved nicely to the "completed" projects list and disappeared from the "in progress" list - and I didn't have to bother my client again. (I fact, I will tell them how I did this - they told me they got the same question from other translators working on the other language versions).

Kind regards,
Johanna

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:50
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Just curious May 13, 2020

Why don't you highlight the project and click "remove from list"?

Johanna Liljenzin
Sweden
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Why "remove from list" doesn't do the trick for me May 13, 2020

Heinrich,

If I simply use "remove from list", the project will not appear in my "Completed" list, where I need it to show up for follow-up and billing purposes.

Johanna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I remove a GroupShare project from "in progress" in my projects list?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »