bendksu
bendksu  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 12:52
Member (2011)
Danish to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2020

I have two files (Word). The client states that there are lots of repetitions. I need to provide a price quotation. How do I perform an analysis to find out the percentage of repetitions. One file is approx. 4,000 words and the other is approx. 5,200 words.

I am using Studio 2017.

Thank you.

Robin LEPLUMEY
Robin LEPLUMEY
France
English to French
+ ...
Good morning Mar 4, 2020

Good morning*,

This is a basic task in Studio. You simply need to create a project, then go to the Report tab and you'll get a complete analysis of your files. With a quick search on Google, you could have found out the solution on your own!

http://producthelp.sdl.com/sdl%20trados%20studio/client_en/GSTutorial/ProjectsTutorial/Create_a_Project.htm

*This is the conventional way to start a conversation ...
See more
Good morning*,

This is a basic task in Studio. You simply need to create a project, then go to the Report tab and you'll get a complete analysis of your files. With a quick search on Google, you could have found out the solution on your own!

http://producthelp.sdl.com/sdl%20trados%20studio/client_en/GSTutorial/ProjectsTutorial/Create_a_Project.htm

*This is the conventional way to start a conversation
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Bendksu and @Robin Mar 4, 2020

bendksu wrote:
How do I perform an analysis to find out the percentage of repetitions? I am using Studio 2017.

Create a new project in Trados, add your files to it, and then in the left column click "Reports". It will generate a report for you. Only the information in the top block (above "File Details") is relevant for you. You have to add the percentages of "Repetitions" and "Cross-file repetitions" together. This will give you a report based on the default settings.

However, if you want to count while editing the basic count settings, you have to click "Projects" in the left column, then right-click your project in the right-hand pane and select Batch Tasks > Analyze Files, and then edit the "Analyze Files" and "Fuzzy Bands" subsettings after clicking Next twice. Then you can, for example, select "internal fuzzy" (not recommended in your case) or delete the 50-74 and 75-84 bands (recommended in your case).

Robin LEPLUMEY wrote:
With a quick search on Google, you could have found out the solution on your own!

What were your search terms?

[Edited at 2020-03-04 08:01 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

file analysis - repetitions

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »