How can I convert an *.rc file into an *.rtf file to translate in SDL Trados Studio 2019?
Thread poster: Hatice Kıraç
Hatice Kıraç
Hatice Kıraç
Belgium
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jan 22, 2020

Hello All;

I am trying to find a nice guide on how to convert an *.rc file into an *.rtf so that I can translate it in SDL Trados Studio 2019. However, I was not able to find anything like that.

Everywhere is mentioned of a tw4 Win External style file, but apparently there is not a basic guide about that.

Can anyone help me by simply defining the process, or provide a nice guide?

Thank you!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:28
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Hatice Jan 22, 2020

Hatice Kıraç wrote:
Everywhere is mentioned of a tw4winExternal style file, but apparently there is not a basic guide about that.

It's likely that even if you do discover such a file (try here), the instructions may have been for a much older version of Trados.

Hatice Kıraç

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I convert an *.rc file into an *.rtf file to translate in SDL Trados Studio 2019?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »