White background
Thread poster: Tina Colquhoun
Tina Colquhoun
Tina Colquhoun  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:22
Danish to English
+ ...
Jan 15, 2020

The segment lines seem to have disappeared in the Editor. I'm working on a completely white background which is very irritating. How do I get them back?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:22
English to Russian
Try to change the shading ratio Jan 16, 2020

Go to File-Options-Colors
Check if the 'Segment shading ratio' is set to leftmost position. If yes, move it to the right or press the 'Reset to Defaults' button in the lower left corner.

Tina Colquhoun
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
White background Jan 16, 2020

Thanks, but this doesn't seem to change anything. The (inactive) segments should be alternately white and grey, but all segments are still white. Reset to Defaults doesn't help either...

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Try switching between projects Jan 16, 2020

It does not recover the view, once you press OK. You need to close and re-open a file or project to apply changes. Another option to try is the 'Reset Window Layout' command ('View' tab).

Tina Colquhoun
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
White background Jan 17, 2020

Thanks for your suggestions, but nothing seems to work...

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:22
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Color scheme? Jan 17, 2020

Hi Tina,

One more thing to try: click the VIEW tab, and open the "Color scheme" dropdown menu at the ribbon. Isn't there "White" chosen?
If yes, change it to "Dark", for example. Maybe this will help.

Also you can check the following setting:
File - Options - Colors - Background color (this is the first line at the top).
The setting should be "Window" (you can choose it by opening the dropdown list, choosing "System" and then choosing "Window" from
... See more
Hi Tina,

One more thing to try: click the VIEW tab, and open the "Color scheme" dropdown menu at the ribbon. Isn't there "White" chosen?
If yes, change it to "Dark", for example. Maybe this will help.

Also you can check the following setting:
File - Options - Colors - Background color (this is the first line at the top).
The setting should be "Window" (you can choose it by opening the dropdown list, choosing "System" and then choosing "Window" from the list.
Maybe you have occasionally changed something there?

Natalia

[Edited at 2020-01-18 11:52 GMT]
Collapse

Jihn` Amber
Jihn` Amber
United States
White Background Feb 21, 2022

That thing happened to me once. It turned out the background wasn't empty but white.

Ulrich Schramm
Ulrich Schramm
Italy
Local time: 12:22
Italian to German
+ ...
same problem Dec 29, 2022

There are so many colors that you can set. I am looking for the background colors of the segments (source and target). By default, one segment is always white, the next gray. Like a zebra. But in the options - colors I can't find this "black/white". There I see lots of other colors, also the slider, but not these two black and white colors. Also a button that shows a from me changed color directly in the editor isnt present, so I have to click "OK" ecc. (which means that I have to call "Options ... See more
There are so many colors that you can set. I am looking for the background colors of the segments (source and target). By default, one segment is always white, the next gray. Like a zebra. But in the options - colors I can't find this "black/white". There I see lots of other colors, also the slider, but not these two black and white colors. Also a button that shows a from me changed color directly in the editor isnt present, so I have to click "OK" ecc. (which means that I have to call "Options - Color" again and again, if my try is wrong) . A tragedy ...Collapse

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Segment shading ratio Dec 29, 2022

Ulrich Schramm wrote:
But in the options - colors I can't find this "black/white".
Here you are:

Remember that these changes will not apply immediately. You have to close and re-open the file to see the changes.

[Edited at 2022-12-29 19:44 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

White background

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »