Entries are duplicating in Multiterm - any ideas what is causing this?
Thread poster: Audrey Demers
Audrey Demers
Audrey Demers  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:05
English to French
Nov 28, 2019

Hi!

I am attempting to clean up our large (10k+ entries) Multiterm database, and I’m encountering strange problems.

My goal is to have a uniform input model, so for all existing entries, I move the content to the fields that belong in the new input model, and I delete old fields.

I first created a new database containing only the fields in the new input model, and imported the existing entries while allowing for overcomplete entries, which means I have f
... See more
Hi!

I am attempting to clean up our large (10k+ entries) Multiterm database, and I’m encountering strange problems.

My goal is to have a uniform input model, so for all existing entries, I move the content to the fields that belong in the new input model, and I delete old fields.

I first created a new database containing only the fields in the new input model, and imported the existing entries while allowing for overcomplete entries, which means I have fields in the current entries that do not belong in the new database, but are visible when consulting the term. I use the default layout, otherwhise I am unable to delete the fields that do not belong in the new input model.

Sporadically, when I correct an existing entry, Multiterm will create multiple duplicate of the entry, one for each change I make (ex. each field I delete or add), all with the same entry number. There are also entries that appear when you search the term, but when you click on it to view the entry, it leads to a different one where the searched term isn’t present.

I have no idea where to go from here. Any suggestions?

I am using Multiterm 2019 15.0.3.55976 and the database is hosted on our Groupsahre server. There is an update available, but I am unable to apply at the moment due to enterprise restrictions.

[Edited at 2019-11-28 00:41 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Entries are duplicating in Multiterm - any ideas what is causing this?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »