Translation failed: Could not load file or assembly....
Thread poster: adrienneiii
adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Local time: 02:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2019

Hello, I installed the most recent Studio 2019 update yesterday or the day before, and am now getting the following message in Trados Studio 2019:

Translation failed: Could not load file or assembly 'SDL.Core.MatchRepair.Core, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb25c445c888' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I cannot be sure whether the message started occurring right after installing the update, but it seems to me
... See more
Hello, I installed the most recent Studio 2019 update yesterday or the day before, and am now getting the following message in Trados Studio 2019:

Translation failed: Could not load file or assembly 'SDL.Core.MatchRepair.Core, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb25c445c888' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I cannot be sure whether the message started occurring right after installing the update, but it seems to me it didn't - that it started a little while afterwards.

Yesterday I only seemed to be getting the message (as a pop-up) simply when I moved my cursor over the Translation Results window at the top. However, I was translating a brand new text that wouldn't have drawn anything from the TM.

Today, however, I have some text that is/should be in the TM, and I'm getting this message in the TR window (not as a pop-up) when I click on some segments but not on others, I don't really know why. (It's still occurring as a pop-up when the mouse is over the TR window).

I would have said that it was occurring in segments that should give a 100% match (e.g. several percentages - 100%, 10% and so on) but I'm also getting it so far with a few segments containing only short phrases I know I've translated before. Instead of the translation popping up from the TM, I either get the message very quickly, or it says it is searching for quite a long time (30 secs?) but nothing ever happens.

I'm also not even sure my translations of new phrases are being stored in the TM now because when I go back to some of those segments (not all, which is very strange) I get the message again.

Hope someone can help, thank you!
Collapse

Janusz Baginski
Janusz Baginski  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:58
Member (2017)
English to Polish
+ ...
Here is a solution May 26, 2020

Hi

This worked for me when I had the same problem.

Close SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2.
Download the ZIP file SDLTradosStudio2019_SR2_CU6_2831.zip from our FTP site (Username: sdlpatches, password: 5dlpatch35).
The ZIP file contains an .exe file. Extract this file to a temporary folder of your choice, such as C:\temp. This .exe file applies to all editions of SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2.
Double-click the .exe file. This will install the la
... See more
Hi

This worked for me when I had the same problem.

Close SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2.
Download the ZIP file SDLTradosStudio2019_SR2_CU6_2831.zip from our FTP site (Username: sdlpatches, password: 5dlpatch35).
The ZIP file contains an .exe file. Extract this file to a temporary folder of your choice, such as C:\temp. This .exe file applies to all editions of SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2.
Double-click the .exe file. This will install the latest release and replace as well as update the files in the SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 installation folder as appropriate.

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=CUs-Studio2019SR2
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation failed: Could not load file or assembly....

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »