Thread poster: Phil Hand
Phil Hand
Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 08:07
Chinese to English
Nov 1, 2019

Studio 2019, Multiterm 2019
Was working fine, did the Multiterm 2019 SR1 update, now when a termbase is open in Studio, it finds terms, but when I try to add a term, the term ed window says no termbase open. The error pop up says... something incomprehensible. I have Studio in Chinese, and techese translated into bad Chinese makes no sense. It's something like "object import not set to object list", maybe. (未将对象引用设置到对象的实例)

Anyone have any ideas?

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 03:07
French to English
+ ...
Object reference not set to an instance of an object Nov 2, 2019

Hi Phil,
This is probably the error you should be getting.
see here:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/multiterm/21033/object-reference-not-set-to-an-instance-of-an-object---adding-terms-to-a-termbase

In
... See more
Hi Phil,
This is probably the error you should be getting.
see here:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/multiterm/21033/object-reference-not-set-to-an-instance-of-an-object---adding-terms-to-a-termbase

In this similar situation, Paul recommended reinstalling both Trados and MTerm to the latest version.

In light of the above, it would probably make sense to:
- Install Studio in English, so at least you know which errors you should address;
- Post such questions in the Community forum, where the experts will help you solve these errors.

HTH,
Sandra
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:07
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Not always controllable Nov 2, 2019

Sandra& Kenneth wrote:
In light of the above, it would probably make sense to:
- Install Studio in English, so at least you know which errors you should address;
- Post such questions in the Community forum, where the experts will help you

Not always that easy Sandra. Even if your interface is set to English, sometimes applications sometimes pop up dialogs or warnings in "second" languages such as (in my case) Japanese, despite English being the default app language in Settings.

But I second the suggestion to take it to the SDL Community forum, though I think quite a few ProZedders hang out there, maybe including Phil?

Phil Hand
Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 08:07
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, good advice Nov 3, 2019

Yep, I will try to get it to install in English if I do have to do a reinstall. Thank you for the steer, Sandra, that looks like exactly the problem I'm having and a solution. Bing's ropey search function did not find that SDL Community post for me, so clearly the answer is to switch my VPN on and use Google like the lord intended. Thanks again, both.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After Multiterm update, can't add terms to termbase from Studio

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »