Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
Local time: 18:11
German to English
+ ...
Sep 30, 2019

Hi Folks,

Apologies if this has covered already (it doesn't seem to have been from a quick search).

Basically, the font adaptation dialog in Studio 2019 Freelance changes the size but not the font.

I've changed the point size to a standard 12 point and the fonts to a monospaced font in source and target for easier reading but Studio ignores the font change although it does apply the point size change. Studio then tells me that "formatting in the original d
... See more
Hi Folks,

Apologies if this has covered already (it doesn't seem to have been from a quick search).

Basically, the font adaptation dialog in Studio 2019 Freelance changes the size but not the font.

I've changed the point size to a standard 12 point and the fonts to a monospaced font in source and target for easier reading but Studio ignores the font change although it does apply the point size change. Studio then tells me that "formatting in the original document may override font changes".

But if Trados is going to decide when to do this, why waste the user's time on a pointless dialog?

Has anyone managed to force Studio to adapt fonts 100%, all of the time, every time?

And if anyone from SDL is reading this -- why does font adaptation *not* adapt the font?

If I want to see what the document looks like in the original, I can obviously use the Preview. I don't need it in the translation segment editor, which I should be able to set up exactly as I want it.

Thanks,

Ed
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font adaptation still does not work in 2019

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »