Is it possible to change attributes in SDLTM without exporting it?
Thread poster: Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Local time: 16:38
English to Bulgarian
Sep 11, 2019

Hello!

I am working in the field of localisation engineering and recently I have been asked to prepare some anonymised translation memories. Easy one at first. I was using TM Anonymiser till the moment one of the clients decided they need their TMs unchanged. Unfortunately, this is against the company rules and we need to remove specific attributes (the linguists' user names, for example). All other details need to be kept the same, the creation date as well.

My questio
... See more
Hello!

I am working in the field of localisation engineering and recently I have been asked to prepare some anonymised translation memories. Easy one at first. I was using TM Anonymiser till the moment one of the clients decided they need their TMs unchanged. Unfortunately, this is against the company rules and we need to remove specific attributes (the linguists' user names, for example). All other details need to be kept the same, the creation date as well.

My question is if it is at all possible to change some attributes in the sdltm files WITHOUT exporting them?
Is there any tool which allows this to be done?

Just to add, I am using Trados Studio 2015 and 2019.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Dimmo
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to change attributes in SDLTM without exporting it?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »