Trados Studio 2015 no longer proposing major source or target langauges
Thread poster: Mary Moritz
Mary Moritz
Mary Moritz  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:31
Member (2007)
French to English
Sep 9, 2019

I feel like I've woken up in another dimension....

I reinstalled Studio 2015 about eight days ago after doing a full restore of my hard drive. No problem, everything was working just fine last week.

I set up several projects yesterday, again with no problem.

This morning, I went to set up a few more of my week's projects, and suddenly my source language French/France and my target language English/US are no longer on the dropdown list.

So, I ju
... See more

I reinstalled Studio 2015 about eight days ago after doing a full restore of my hard drive. No problem, everything was working just fine last week.

This morning, I went to set up a few more of my week's projects, and suddenly my source language French/France and my target language English/US are no longer on the dropdown list.

So, I just spent time to unistall, reboot, and re-install Trados 2015 again.

And here I am: In performing the Setup wizard for the install, not only are my language pairs not available, all major languages are gone: Italian/Italy, Spanish/Spain, Dutch/Netherlands, Russian/Russia, etc.

I sent a note to Trados via their installation support contact sheet, but the response time is about 48 hours.

I have another version (same version 2015) on my laptop that seems to be behaving normally.

What in the world is happening?
Collapse

Laurent Mercky
Laurent Mercky
France
Chinese to French
+ ...
Update Sep 9, 2019

Mary Moritz wrote:

So, I just spent time to unistall, reboot, and re-install Trados 2015 again.

And here I am: In performing the Setup wizard for the install, not only are my language pairs not available, all major languages are gone: Italian/Italy, Spanish/Spain, Dutch/Netherlands, Russian/Russia, etc.

I sent a note to Trados via their installation support contact sheet, but the response time is about 48 hours.

I have another version (same version 2015) on my laptop that seems to be behaving normally.

What in the world is happening?

maybe it's time for an update...Trados 2019 is out.

Mary Moritz
Mary Moritz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Probably a Windows problem Sep 10, 2019

Since my problem arrived after a reinstall of Trados, I contacted Trados Support and spent about an hour with a technician who tried several things on my computer to no avail. After installing a newer Studio version, the problem was still there, so the consensus is that this is somehow a Windows problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2015 no longer proposing major source or target langauges

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »