Trados 2017 not showing full text after segments merged
Thread poster: John Kingsmore
John Kingsmore
John Kingsmore
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 6, 2019

As usual, I end up spending 10 times more trying to figure out Trados than acually translating...

I had to merge segments – and now find that while everything looks good in the source and target in Trados, when I hit preview [source or target] the rest of the sentence – except the first line,[ or the orignal first segment] – has disappeared: any ideas how to fix this?

[IE] 3 merged segemnts, for example, forming one full sentence in both source and target in Trado
... See more
As usual, I end up spending 10 times more trying to figure out Trados than acually translating...

I had to merge segments – and now find that while everything looks good in the source and target in Trados, when I hit preview [source or target] the rest of the sentence – except the first line,[ or the orignal first segment] – has disappeared: any ideas how to fix this?

[IE] 3 merged segemnts, for example, forming one full sentence in both source and target in Trados, only display the first line [presumably the initial segment] for both source and target in both html and embedded preview.

EG
- MERGED SOURCE READS:
Darüber hinaus werden in den Unternehmen zunehmend die aufbewahrungspflichtigen Unterlagen in elektronischer Form (z. B. als elektronische Dokumente) aufbewahrt.
- BUT THE EMBEDDED/HTML only shows the first half
- MERGED TARGET READS:
In addition, companies are increasingly storing documents that require retention in electronic form (e.g. as electronic documents).
- BUT THE EMBEDDED/HTML ARGET READS:
In addition, companies are increasingly storing documents that require retention in ....

It's somewhat arbitrary, since it works elsewhere in the file - and it's nothing to do with tags, since the segments merged don't have any tags. Beyond this I have no idea how to fix this.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 not showing full text after segments merged

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »