Karina J. (X)
Karina J. (X)
Germany
Local time: 11:31
English to German
+ ...
Aug 31, 2019

Hello dear ProZ-community,

I have just installed the latest version of SDL Trados 2019 and a problem has occured. I can only see demo videos of how to use and start Trados. The version is also called SDL Trados Studio trial ressources. This is weird, since I visited the official SDL homepage and clicked on: download testversion. Is anyone is familiar with this problem and can help me out? I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Greetings from sunny Cologne... See more
Hello dear ProZ-community,

I have just installed the latest version of SDL Trados 2019 and a problem has occured. I can only see demo videos of how to use and start Trados. The version is also called SDL Trados Studio trial ressources. This is weird, since I visited the official SDL homepage and clicked on: download testversion. Is anyone is familiar with this problem and can help me out? I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Greetings from sunny Cologne
Karina
Collapse

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
Trial version Aug 31, 2019

Is perhaps the old (trial) licence key still being used?

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
testversion = latest version? Aug 31, 2019

I am puzzled. Are you sure you have downloaded the version you actually want?
I believe I have the latest version, which is
SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 - 15.2.0.1041
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
and I downloaded this from my profile page on SDL. I have not downloaded any test version to get the latest version of Studio.
Or perhaps there is something I misunderstand.

Checking I find that there is a tr
... See more
I am puzzled. Are you sure you have downloaded the version you actually want?
I believe I have the latest version, which is
SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 - 15.2.0.1041
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
and I downloaded this from my profile page on SDL. I have not downloaded any test version to get the latest version of Studio.
Or perhaps there is something I misunderstand.

Checking I find that there is a trial version which can be downloaded from https://www.sdltrados.com/landing/inbound/trados-studio-trial.html?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&gclid=CjwKCAjwtajrBRBVEiwA8w2Q8GghkjBg_a9FAd6DDleeDdsvmB80XLvi6CkNWIrXLRgEY1zEddb2ZxoCYsUQAvD_BwE

Is this perhaps the version you are talking about? I see they give the following caveat:
"This trial will not work if you have any other SDL Trados Studio 2019 edition installed or if you have installed an SDL Trados Studio 2019 trial previously."

Don't know if this is any help to you, though.

[Edited at 2019-08-31 10:17 GMT]
Collapse

Karina J. (X)
Karina J. (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
30 days free trial version of SDL Aug 31, 2019

Hello Roy,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I have downloaded a 30 days trial version for free. But I can`t use the software, just watch some "How to use SDL Videos". I went on the official German website https://www.sdltrados.com/de/. My goal was not to purchase SDL, just to download the trial version and to practice translating with SDL. I am looking forward to your answer.
<
... See more
Hello Roy,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I have downloaded a 30 days trial version for free. But I can`t use the software, just watch some "How to use SDL Videos". I went on the official German website https://www.sdltrados.com/de/. My goal was not to purchase SDL, just to download the trial version and to practice translating with SDL. I am looking forward to your answer.

Greetings
Karina
Collapse

Karina J. (X)
Karina J. (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems with trial version SDL Aug 31, 2019

Hello,

it is the first time I have installed the trial version of SDL
2019 and I only have this one version. I have indeed installed a very old version of SDL in 2016 but that was years ago and on a different computer . And I have deleted the old version from 2016 long ago.

Greetings
Karina

Karina J. (X)
Karina J. (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems with test version of SDL Trados 2019 Aug 31, 2019

Hello,

good news. After searching my programs on my laptop, I have found the software in a place, where it was not expected. But I have found it at last. Thank you anyhow. Your answers were fast and you really tried to help me. Good night.

Greetings
Karina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with test version of SDL Trados 2019

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »