Should I add both SDLXLIFF files and target files (XML) to a Studio 2019 editing project?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 20:53
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 16, 2019

Should I add both SDLXLIFF files and target files (XML) to a Studio 2019 editing project?

The customer wants me to implement changes from a PDF file, where comments have been added for each change that is necessary in the respective SDLXLIFF. And then confirm each segment into the TM before moving on to next segment for implementing next change.

I was provided with the TM, SDLXLIFF files and target files (XML) only, no project. So I will create a project now. But in the
... See more

The customer wants me to implement changes from a PDF file, where comments have been added for each change that is necessary in the respective SDLXLIFF. And then confirm each segment into the TM before moving on to next segment for implementing next change.

I was provided with the TM, SDLXLIFF files and target files (XML) only, no project. So I will create a project now. But in the first step, to create a new project and add the project files, should I add both the SDLXLIFF and the target (XML), or only the SDLXLIFF files?

I only need to return the edited SDLXLIFF files with all segments confirmed into the translation memory. So maybe there is no need to add the XML files.

[Edited at 2019-08-16 09:24 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »