How do I inactivate pop-up upon hovering for the right-side panel windows in SDL Trados Studio 2019?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 17:48
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 8, 2019

How do I inactivate pop-up upon hovering for the right-side panel windows in SDL Trados Studio 2019?

I never use these windows anyway, and even if I would it would still be very annoying when they pop-up if I happen to move the mouse cursor too far to the right.

The panel windows I refer to are these:

Notifications
Preview
Advanced Display Filter
Useful Tips

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Just close them Aug 8, 2019

When they appear, or when you click on them, just close them from the small X at the upper right corner. They should not appear any more. You can call them back from the View ribbon.

Elena Feriani

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 17:48
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just kept Useful Tips Aug 8, 2019

Thanks, that worked better. I kept Useful Tips only as it is not in the way furthest up in the window.

Sophie Voillot
Sophie Voillot
Canada
Local time: 12:48
English to French
Thank you! Feb 4, 2022

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This was driving me crazy. I still don't understand why the developers thought it was a good idea to have those options pop up at the least hover, but now I'm free

Ekaterina Kroumova wrote:

When they appear, or when you click on them, just close them from the small X at the upper right corner. They should not appear any more.

Karl Callus
Karl Callus  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 16:48
German to English
+ ...
Make hovering pop-ups clickable instead Sep 21, 2023

I have used Trados since the early days and the thing that has mostly annoyed me all these years (apart from being the only piece of software that frequently crashes in the 21st century) is hovering pop-ups. They appear not only if the cursor touches the right tabs but also the middle row with the match rate/confirmation icons. They cover the working space and slow down my work as they pop up each time I flick the mouse cursor away. Isn't there an option of making Trados pop-ups clickable instea... See more
I have used Trados since the early days and the thing that has mostly annoyed me all these years (apart from being the only piece of software that frequently crashes in the 21st century) is hovering pop-ups. They appear not only if the cursor touches the right tabs but also the middle row with the match rate/confirmation icons. They cover the working space and slow down my work as they pop up each time I flick the mouse cursor away. Isn't there an option of making Trados pop-ups clickable instead of opening automatically? Then one would not have to disable any tabs at all. The Preview and Advanced Display Filter tabs are great aids and I would never disable them. Just click instead of hover.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »