Trados 2019 Studio - cannot highlight and copy/cut from / paste to target segment
Thread poster: Renata von Koerber
Renata von Koerber
Renata von Koerber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:48
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Jul 18, 2019

I checked through the entries, but I seem to be the only one who has this problem.
When I try to highlight words in the target file (in order to copy them somewhere else or to check them), the "copy option" is grayed out. the segment is activated, but for me, niente on the options cut/copy/paste!
Who knows the magic? Yes, ctrl c/t/v works, but I do NOT want that ...
Many thanks

Sebastian Witte

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Maybe restart? Jul 19, 2019

Hi Renata, have you tried to restart:

1. Studio?
2. Windows?

Renata von Koerber
Germany
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
restarted -it worked, now again highlight and copy/cut from / paste to target segment will not work Jul 21, 2019

Many thanks, I treiied this, worked briefly, problem is back .
Very annoying. I have all totally up to date versions of docx, windows (10), and Trados, and a good mouse.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:48
English to Russian
Got Webroot protection? Jul 21, 2019

Hi there,
Did you come across this thread already?
https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/239734-copy_and_paste_functions_not_working_in_trados.html

Renata von Koerber
Germany
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no webroot protection in my system Aug 6, 2019

BUT
when I run Studio as the administrator, things work.
I do not find that very satisfactory, as I prefer to ELECT such protection myself. I'll be watching the forum some more, until someone (from SDL?) reveals the magic key to an everyday function.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:48
English to Russian
Ask SDL community Aug 8, 2019

You'd better ask for a clue at SDL Community portal
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio
Press the '+New' soft button, type your question and press 'Ask'. That would be more efficient than waiting for them here on proz.com

Renata von Koerber

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2019 Studio - cannot highlight and copy/cut from / paste to target segment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »