IDI  Identity Verified
Albania
Local time: 18:40
Member (2013)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Nov 15, 2018

Hello everyone,
While translating with Studio 2017 (I have checked and updated it), I get this message "Parameter is not valid" every now and then in a translation project I am working. After that I cannot type anything on the keyboard. I have to close and restart the project but then after some time the problem re-appears.
This is becoming bothersome. Let me know if you have a viable solution to this to make me able to meet my deadline. I have attached the saved error for your conve
... See more
Hello everyone,
While translating with Studio 2017 (I have checked and updated it), I get this message "Parameter is not valid" every now and then in a translation project I am working. After that I cannot type anything on the keyboard. I have to close and restart the project but then after some time the problem re-appears.
This is becoming bothersome. Let me know if you have a viable solution to this to make me able to meet my deadline. I have attached the saved error for your convenience.
I would appreciate your help as ap
Collapse

Justin Browne
Justin Browne  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2007)
Serbian to English
+ ...
Same problem Nov 26, 2018

Hi, I was wondering if you managed to fix this problem. I experience the exact same problem on a daily basis. Very frustrating!

Mateja Logar
Mateja Logar  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2009)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Same problem Jan 3, 2019

Hello,

I would really appreciate a solution to this extremely frustrating issue. Any suggestion?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:40
English to Russian
According to Paul Filkin: Jan 3, 2019

...rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart Studio:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\14.0.0.0

So the path would become this:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\14.0.0.0_old

Chantal Keable
Chantal Keable  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:40
English to French
Parameter is not valid Sep 23, 2019

I have not tried re-naming the file and/folder, but it seems like this is kind of silly and Studio should fix this. I should not have to rename anything for the app to work. I am so frustrated. Nothing has worked so far to fix this issue in SDL 2019 sr2. Wish I had stayed with 2017!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: "Parameter is not valid" error

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »