Claudio Rondeico
Claudio Rondeico  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:01
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 12, 2017

Hi,

My client sent me 115 .sdlalign files that I need to update with the 1,577 changes made by their client and then create a TM out of it.

Given that
1) there is no search function in the alignment window, and
2) it is impossible to open all 115 .sdlalign files in just one tab

I decided to create a project instead of cycling through all 115 files to find each of these 1,577 changes individually without a search function...
See more
Hi,

My client sent me 115 .sdlalign files that I need to update with the 1,577 changes made by their client and then create a TM out of it.

Given that
1) there is no search function in the alignment window, and
2) it is impossible to open all 115 .sdlalign files in just one tab

I decided to create a project instead of cycling through all 115 files to find each of these 1,577 changes individually without a search function

What I have done so far:

- checked all the .sdlalign files to make sure the alignment was okay
- exported the .sdlalign files to .sdlxliff format
- created a project using these .sdlxliff files

However, I get three errors when opening these files. They are:

- Check Out Required - To modify this document, you must check it out.
- An unexpected error occurred while activating the document view.
- The path is not of a legal form.

The only solutions I found for the "Check Out Required" error were for XML files, but I'm using sdlxliff files so it does not apply.

Does anyone have some light to shed on this?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Claudio Rondeico
Claudio Rondeico  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:01
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Plan B Oct 13, 2017

Update: I ended up talking with the client and we decided that I am doing these changes directly on the TM. I do not need this solved anymore (even though it would be really useful to know what was causing these errors).

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Check Out Required

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »